Fried Something

1 reply to this topic
  • kawi380

Posted January 12, 2011 - 05:04 AM

So, I have been in the process of installing my DIY street legal kit the last few weeks and think I may have fried a fuze somewhere.

I have a TUSK taillight and horn wired directly to the battery as I haven't had time to wire them through the on/off switch yet. Yesterday after a good ride I thoroughly washed the bike. After washing the starter would no longer work. I am assuming that I must have shorted either the horn or the taillight somewhere and killed a fuze. :smirk: The bike fires up fine with the kicker but I am way too lazy to kick the bike for any length of time.

Question is: where should I start looking to find my problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kawi380

Posted February 15, 2011 - 02:51 PM

After checking everything on the whole bike a few times I decided to swap the battery out for a new one. That fixed everything. Stupid battery wasn't more than 6 months old either.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.