Can I do it? Why not??

2 replies to this topic
  • lukey_muffler

Posted January 11, 2011 - 02:00 AM

I need a bit of help, having real problems with my 99 WR 400 F. I raced it in a bit of a challanging event called Kamafari, (youtube it, it's a good watch) the bike died on me and and i can't for the life of me work out why, it wasn't even under water at the time! I think i have narrowed the issue down to the carby and I was looking to replace it (it's a little worse for wear anyway). Does anyone know if I can replace it with a YZ 400 F carby? As these are alot eaiser to come by then the WR carby.
:smirk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted January 11, 2011 - 06:13 PM

Yes, you can. 426 carb is a better swap out if you can find one, as you get internal hot start and don't have to worry about the slide cracking issue. Only difference, besides some jetting, between WR and YZ is the air cut valve...no issue

• lukey_muffler

Posted January 12, 2011 - 02:17 AM

Thanks mate, I'll try get my hands on the 426 then. :smirk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.