Yamaha Salesman

24 replies to this topic
  • primerib108

Posted March 09, 2011 - 06:09 AM

Rick G was my sales man, I should have listen to Trevor though. I wanted an xc and they pushed a 08 KTM 450sx on me, I thought the price was good but that 4 speed just made the bike a total POS. I ride off road so for the track it was probably really good but not for the trail though. My guy didnt have any real experience with dirtbikes but he was honest and told me right up front. I also had the same stack of cash, 5000k in each pocket and I was shaking like hell cause I was nervous and have never bought a new bike untill that point. In my reference to Trevor, he told me to buy a 2 stroke, they had a new 08 RM250 that I almost wish I shoulda bought, but hey, what do you do. I still with them for parts though, I like to spread my money around and have never been paticular to one shop. How you liking that 450, working well in the bush for you? Im on the fence about getting one as a practice bike. I will have to get out to Calgary and go on a ride with you, maybe I can get Nick out too. He did good on my loop, its been a while so he shouldnt have any problem.

Don't feel bad.....I know a guy who rides a KTM 525sx out in the bush. Everyone usually gives me the gears about riding a YZ450 on the trails until they seen him coming around the corner.....no bush guards on his handlebars either.:thumbsup:

• primerib108

Posted March 09, 2011 - 06:12 AM

Shawn H, young kid about my age maybe less. He rides a two stroke 2010 yz250, the bike I was going to buy a few months before I got my money. He was honest and sold me what I wanted, he knew and I knew that I had done my homework and the yzf was going to work out for me.
He was the only guy who approached me and asked me if I needed help with anything. Maybe it was the 2" thick wad of bills in my front pocket, or maybe he was just a good salesman and asks you if you need help. Even if your wearing painted coveralls, dirt on your face, and your hands are black :thumbsup:

I deal with Walt Healy all the time....I guess it just depends on what end of town you are in. Pretty good chaps there and you always get a salesman attention once you mount one of their steads. Blackfoot is a good place to go if you have a break down at the Wildrose track.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SEOINAGE

Posted March 09, 2011 - 07:52 AM

I would only carry 5k in each pocket if I had my gun on me, and even then I would be paranoid of anyone coming close to me.

• Sknight

Posted March 09, 2011 - 09:08 AM

Lots of people dislike fuel injection just because. They can't tune it, they can't change it, they don't understand it.

The same thing was said about electronic ignition in the 60's and 70's.

Fuel injection works great and now it's reliability is where it needs to be. I'd have no fear of a fuel injected anything today.

• brentn

Posted March 09, 2011 - 05:41 PM

I deal with Walt Healy all the time....I guess it just depends on what end of town you are in. Pretty good chaps there and you always get a salesman attention once you mount one of their steads. Blackfoot is a good place to go if you have a break down at the Wildrose track.

Walt healy has really good labor rates, but their prices on bikes/accessories are pretty expensive when comparing blackfoot. I do agree with you on their staff, they all know their shit, especially the mechanic who works on the counter to the right. I've never heard a BS story from any of them, and I've never felt like I was being pushed into buying something either.
My brother got his bike rebuilt there (yz250) for just the top end. Had it re-nickasealed and then rebuilt with a wiseco piston. The mechanic did an awesome job, jetted the bike for our elevation and put it all back together and no hiccups all season.
Going there on friday to get some tires I think, hopefully they carry maxxis or have some dunlop MX71's.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.