Does anyone make these for yamahas?

10 replies to this topic
  • Steel Panther

Posted January 09, 2011 - 11:48 AM

I'm looking for some bar mounts that bolt to the stock triple clamp that move the bars more forward and up. I found these and they look like exactly what I'm looking for:

but they don't make them for yamahas, specifically my 09 yz450. I ride mx and have trashed that ones that just bolt to the stock bar mounts, they get tweaked every fall or really rough landing. Plus I dont like how they move the bars closer to me, at 6'4" I need more room. So has anyone make a pair like these for yamahs?

• motojase316

Posted January 10, 2011 - 02:54 AM

I have never seen mounts like that before, how about retrofitting the honda or kawasaki mounts you linked to onto your yamaha, Cant see it being too difficult.. They look to have a bolt right through might just be a matter of a different length bolt??

• Steel Panther

Posted January 10, 2011 - 12:42 PM

Well im not sure of the size of the bolt but I believe they are made for the rubber mounts, I will try to call the company today and find out, anyone know the size of the stock yz lower bar mount bolts?

• grayracer513

Posted January 10, 2011 - 01:21 PM

The '06 mounts have 12mm studs in them. '07 and up use 10mm.

• motojase316

Posted January 15, 2011 - 02:27 AM

How did you go?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FZ1426

Posted January 15, 2011 - 08:50 AM

Check the BRP website.

• Steel Panther

Posted January 15, 2011 - 11:43 AM

The guy on the phone wasnt sure, and told me to email one of the parts guys, he hasnt replied yet. Ive seen the brp mounts, Im actually looking for a mount that is more forward than anything, maybe a little taller but a half inch or so more forward would be great. with the RC highs my bars are about 6mm further back than the stock ones even tho the bars themselves have less backsweep, its just because they are so tall.

• stringbeanWilly

Posted January 16, 2011 - 02:01 PM

Im in same boat, at 6'5", would love to get em farther forward. Anyone?

• ph363

Posted January 17, 2011 - 03:28 AM

Not much of an offset:

• Steel Panther

Posted January 17, 2011 - 10:29 AM

Not much of an offset:

I would have gone with those but they dont't look like they are any further forward than the stock mounts, and nobody ive talked to who sells them seems to know anything about them.

• stringbeanWilly

Posted January 17, 2011 - 06:04 PM

Really tempted to make some. and some lower footpeg brackets. Fire up that bridgeport. Welded stainless footpeg brkts and machined alum handle bar mounts. 1" down for the knees and 1" forward for the back. Hmmm where'd the hours go

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.