469 vs 450

6 replies to this topic
  • YZ450F4

Posted January 09, 2011 - 10:14 AM

The bike i recently bought which is a 2004 yz450f was a 469 when i bought it. it basically blew up and i am buying a new cylinder to make it a 450 again. will i notice a difference? i know i will a little bit but would it be a lot of a difference??

• almostinvincible119

Posted January 09, 2011 - 10:44 AM

There is no replacement for displacement.

The stock 2003-2004 yz450f is a beast. I wouldn't be too concerned. It's more power than you need anyways.

• YZ450F4

Posted January 09, 2011 - 10:51 AM

True that.:smirk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TripleUp

Posted January 09, 2011 - 04:26 PM

Stock is more reliable so i'd personally go back to stock. A 450 always has enough power.

• DeeCee

Posted January 10, 2011 - 03:22 AM

For the average rider, the impediment to going fast is 90% the rider and 10% the bike.

Stock will be fine.

• brentn

Posted January 10, 2011 - 01:21 PM

Hard to say, I would think that you will notice a difference yes.

I'm really curious about the big bore kits, alot of people here DO NOT seem to use them, as I cannot find any good threads with a good intelligent review of any of the big bore kits out there.
If money is not a concern, consider your riding style before you choose to go back to the 469.

Me in the woods, I would love more power regardless of what others saying that the stock is more than enough. That may be for more people, but the easier it is for me to lift the front end in the sticks, the more I like it.
Maybe it's my technique that needs to be honed, but I am def using every little bit of power on my current bike and would love to add a big bore kit to it!

• YZ450F4

Posted January 10, 2011 - 04:40 PM

I am the same way brentn! More power the better; however, i have never rode a 450 except mine that was a 469 and it ran like a bat outta hell! I ride mostly woods and some mx. But if a stock 450 runs like they say then i would take reliability over a little more power.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.