450 motor in a 426 chassis

5 replies to this topic
  • klokard

Posted January 09, 2011 - 09:19 AM

I have spent mucho dinero getting my 426 set up for my riding and body size. My motor is starting to get a bit tired. 2 top ends and 1 lower bearing rebuild already. I have a line on a 2006 450 with low hours. Can I put this motor in my chassis?

• klokard

Posted January 11, 2011 - 07:51 AM

Uh anybody? Bueler, Bueler...is this thing on?:smirk:

• klokard

Posted January 14, 2011 - 08:12 AM

OK don 't answer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ARin

Posted January 14, 2011 - 12:07 PM

I think that in 2003 the 426 and the 450 were both produced....check the part fiches and see if the frame is the same part number. If so, then you can be reasonably certain that a swap is possible.

• GCannon

Posted January 14, 2011 - 02:14 PM

You are going to need alot of 450 parts so get the whole 450. like wire loom, air box, you may need the sub frame to hang the battery.
Carburetor and cables. Just to name a few.

Let us know how it goes.

• Kawidad

Posted January 17, 2011 - 08:04 AM

I'd check the part numbers on a couple of items, like the swingarm pivot bolt, front frame mounts. GC is right about the wiring, etc. However, you can work around some of these issues if you're creative.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.