99 wr400 to yz450 carb ??

2 replies to this topic
  • bauten

Posted January 08, 2011 - 05:19 PM

looking to junk the fcr1 carb on the bike now i have found several fcr3 ? carbs from 2006 yz450s will these work any prolbems swapping them dont plan on using the remote hotstart feature
(yes i tried searching first)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bauten

Posted January 10, 2011 - 06:36 PM

? ok so i bought one from 2004 yz450 i plan on getting a jd jet kit Im assuming jets for yz carb and wr carb are the same interchangeable?? ( just buy a jet kit for my bike and it will fit the yz carb?) sorry I am a bit of a jetting Virgin Thanks in advance!

• miweber929

Posted January 11, 2011 - 05:20 AM

Buy a kit for the carb you bought because there are many different carbs out there with different components. If you are getting a JD kit (which I would recommend) I'd talk to the company and try to get a chart for your bike which will also give an idea of the range to be in. I'd imagine the jetting would be close between a WR and YZ, however. Just way different between the 400 and the 450.

Thing is it will always be a crap shoot as the carb that was on your bike is different sized than the one you bought which is for a larger engine and any chart will be for that larger, different tuned engine. Not saying it won't work. Just be aware you are taking yourself into an uncharted area as far as jetting goes. not a huge deal but I think most charts will end up being slightly rich. Probably not by much, though.

Mike

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.