2004 YZF 450 Adjustable Leak Jet & DR.D System Help!!

4 replies to this topic
  • Nova_Spider

Posted January 08, 2011 - 10:58 AM

Hi Guys!
I've just registred on here, hope you can help with a couple of questions? This is my first 4 stroke bike so still learning :smirk:

I've fitted an Ozzo Racing adjustable fuel pump cover but noticed I dont have a leak jet to block off. I've read that the 03 and 04's dont have a leak jet? But as your supposed to block off the leak jet with a grub screw when you fit the new cover will the adjuster on the new pump cover still work?

Also, I've fitted a DR.D full system and noticed the header pipe starts to glow red after just a couple of minutes at idle. Is this ok? Do I need to upjet the carb?

Thanks!
Posted Image

Posted Image

• sacfelix

Posted January 08, 2011 - 12:57 PM

The header will always glow red when you start your bike and let it idle for a couple minutes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 08, 2011 - 05:09 PM

The cover will still work IF it contains its own leak circuit. Otherwise, it's just a fancy pump cover. I very much doubt it will do very much to improve your performance, though.

• Nova_Spider

Posted January 12, 2011 - 01:20 AM

The cover will still work IF it contains its own leak circuit. Otherwise, it's just a fancy pump cover. I very much doubt it will do very much to improve your performance, though.

Thanks for the info :smirk:
The DR.D system has made a big difference! Not sure about the AC pump cover though, it will still bog slightly if you give it WOT quickley.

Does anyone have any information on the Carb Bowel's with no leak jet?

• grayracer513

Posted January 12, 2011 - 08:05 AM

...it will still bog slightly if you give it WOT quickley.

Does anyone have any information on the Carb Bowel's with no leak jet?

What info do you want? They were standard on all FCR and on the FCR-MX carbs used on YZ450's up to 2005. The true function and reason for a leak jet is to keep the pump from squirting during slower and lesser throttle openings. Read: http://www.thumperta...330#post4415330

If your carb is set up to run correctly, the engine tuned right, and everything working just as it should, the engine should be very responsive and quick just about under any kind of riding conditions. But you will still not be able to snap the throttle open from an idle to WOT without bogging the engine. In reality, there's never a reason to do that, and no one who knows how to ride really ever rides like that. Learn to open the throttle in a quick, but smooth and progressive "rolling" motion.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.