2011 yz450f problem

25 replies to this topic
  • DMauro

Posted January 11, 2011 - 06:47 AM

each bike could be different but 2 min doesnt seam long enough to me. check cap make sure it was on correctly. did you see white smoke out the exhaust? if you try again ride slowly right away and stop after a couple of min and check it. be careful in case there is some thing wrong like a head gasket .

• no air charlie

Posted January 11, 2011 - 09:32 AM

This guy wrote the exact same scenario in the crf forum under a differnt name, dont waste your time.:smirk:

• TELKER374

Posted January 11, 2011 - 09:43 AM

it was becasue the bike was new and sat to long, you could also try draining the antifreeze and adding engine ice as well. its better than the stock stuff they put in them from factory in my opinion.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ectm3

Posted January 11, 2011 - 12:15 PM

Sounds like a bad mix,your bike should be able to idle for more than two minutes.

• grayracer513

Posted January 11, 2011 - 01:10 PM

Sounds like a bad mix,your bike should be able to idle for more than two minutes.

Try it with yours on a reasonably warm day with no significant wind. Two full minutes.

• 450blue

Posted January 18, 2011 - 11:10 AM

I have a 2010 and it does not like idling or poking around too much. It's not a trail bike, it's a race bike. Ride it like you stole it! That's what they were built for..

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.