First Look: 2011 San Manuel Yamaha and the secret new sponsor !!!

26 replies to this topic
  • HRC

Posted January 06, 2011 - 10:07 AM

Well here it is....the 2011 San Manuel Yamaha of James Stewart and the new big secret sponsor that Larry Brooks talked about in his pod cast the other day !

Remember, you saw it here first !:smirk:

Posted Image

• Biscuits

Posted January 06, 2011 - 11:36 AM

What sort of end caps that on the nitrogen bladder ?

Better still, what do you think it does ?

• fraser

Posted January 06, 2011 - 11:51 AM

No front chain guard? He wouldn't be allowed to ride that in the UK

• SXP

Posted January 06, 2011 - 12:04 PM

Is that a pleated filter of some kind between the rad and head? What does it do?

• grayracer513

Posted January 06, 2011 - 12:49 PM

What sort of end caps that on the nitrogen bladder ?

Better still, what do you think it does ?

That is an extension to the nitrogen chamber (doubles back under the original chamber). Apparently, someone thinks the chamber needs more capacity.

Almost no one here runs those guards. They don't protect much of anything, and they pack the sprocket with mud. Rules requiring them are...ill advised, shall we say.

Is that a pleated filter of some kind between the rad and head? What does it do?

That's the regulator/rectifier in its stock location.

• rickallen124

Posted January 06, 2011 - 01:07 PM

Answer Racing posted that picture on twitter last nite. Not too much of a suprise that the new big sponsor is red bull. 54 hrs untill racing starts and it can't come soon enough.

• Biscuits

Posted January 06, 2011 - 01:37 PM

"That is an extension to the nitrogen chamber (doubles back under the original chamber). Apparently, someone thinks the chamber needs more capacity."

More Capacity? Because of heat buildup or changing the dampening characteristics?

My understanding is that the reason we use nitrogen is because the heat buildup in the shock will NOT affect the bladder pressure or rather have a minimal effect on it? They must be anticipating a lot of heat buildup if that’s the case. Doesn’t the CR have a smaller bladder with a similar 50 mm shock? Or is this just someone’s different method of skinning a cat? Just curious to their tuning methods is all...

• grayracer513

Posted January 06, 2011 - 01:47 PM

More Capacity? Because of heat buildup or changing the dampening characteristics?

My understanding is that the reason we use nitrogen is because the heat buildup in the shock will NOT affect the bladder pressure or rather have a minimal effect on it? They must be anticipating a lot of heat buildup if that’s the case.

No idea what the thinking was. I will say that the bladder chamber "looks" smaller than that on the '09. May be just perspective.

• HRC

Posted January 06, 2011 - 01:55 PM

Answer Racing posted that picture on twitter last nite. Not too much of a suprise that the new big sponsor is red bull. 54 hrs untill racing starts and it can't come soon enough.

I predicted Red Bull as the new sponsor weeks ago....

No big surprise at all !:smirk:

• aedwards07

Posted January 06, 2011 - 06:47 PM

They could have made the graphics flow into the seat a little better.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dvn

Posted January 06, 2011 - 07:15 PM

I don't know anyone that runs one. They are just a mud collector.:smirk:

• jcm3

Posted January 06, 2011 - 08:35 PM

They could have made the graphics flow into the seat a little better.

I was thinking the exact same thing! :smirk:

• RCannon

Posted January 06, 2011 - 08:42 PM

One Industries???

Just kidding. I suppose this explains why there is no redbull Honda.

• DPW

Posted January 07, 2011 - 06:16 AM

Posted Image

• rickallen124

Posted January 07, 2011 - 07:18 AM

I'd really like to know what new parts Larry Brooks was talking about in his podcast as there isn't really anything obviously visible as far as the chassis goes. Are they running the DID stx/ltx rims now?

• 95s10nj

Posted January 07, 2011 - 10:07 AM

I'd really like to know what new parts Larry Brooks was talking about in his podcast as there isn't really anything obviously visible as far as the chassis goes. Are they running the DID stx/ltx rims now?

Yeah i notciced that they were running d.i.d.'s as well

• rickallen124

Posted January 07, 2011 - 01:20 PM

I've been told that excel has decided to focus on the oem side of business and the A-60s have taken a back seat while DID has become more available. I'm sure it's a sponsorship deal but availability certainly would play a part in what products teams would use.

• HRC

Posted January 09, 2011 - 12:59 PM

• FZ1426

Posted January 09, 2011 - 05:52 PM

Very interesting air intake mod...there'a picture from A1 of JS fiddling with that red switch in flight also.

• motojase316

Posted January 10, 2011 - 02:39 AM

That rule used to be here in Australia too, but its relaxed now... Counter shaft sprocket guard is the first thing off, It is always packed up with mud..

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.