2000 wr400f

3 replies to this topic
  • trailwanderer

Posted January 06, 2011 - 07:27 AM

does anyone have any recommendations for up grades to the wr400? i want to make the bike a duel sport but i`m not sure if i will lean more towards off road or street riding...

• Birdy426

Posted January 06, 2011 - 11:40 PM

There are a couple that are universal, no matter what you want to do with the bike...all the free mods, autodecomp cam (03 YZ450 cam or hot cams), YZ426 or aftermarket pipe...maybe a 420 big bore kit or 426 crank and 444 big bore kit...depends on what you're looking for performance wise and how much money you want to spend. Suspension, wheels, brakes, etc are dependent upon what you want to do...

As far as Dual Sporting, a 426 stator and flywheel will give you more watts, and if you need DC for turn signals and horn, you will need to float the ground on the lighting coil and replace the regulator with a regulator/rectifier.

If you plan on riding mostly dirt, a YZ tank and seat are a good mod as well...again, it all depends on how much you want to spend.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • trailwanderer

Posted January 07, 2011 - 04:45 AM

thanks thats good info on the electrical! now about these free mods.....mostly i hear about the grey wire mod. and from what i can find that has to do with being able to rev out higher..,.is that it? thanks again!

• SXP

Posted January 07, 2011 - 06:58 AM

a 426 stator [COLOR="Red"]and flywheel [/COLOR]will give you more watts,

Is the flywheel also needed to get the full 120 Watts? I had upgraded my '99 400 (80W) stator to a 426 (120 Watt) stator awhile ago, but retained the 400 flywheel. Am I not getting the full 120 watts?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.