2007 wr 450

4 replies to this topic
  • papa cokes

Posted January 04, 2011 - 06:24 PM

can you swap a wr 450 frame to a yz frame my wr frame is cracked at the seering stem no welding can be done

• WR450FGreg

Posted January 05, 2011 - 01:49 AM

no welding can be done

I'm curious about this.
Can you post a picture of it at all?

I have an '08 WR450F and I need to know what to look for!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gsa102

Posted January 05, 2011 - 06:42 AM

I would expect that you would be able to. The big engine castings and mounting points should be identical. The only issues I would look for would be mounting the airbox, battery, voltage regulator, small stuff like that. I would get as many parts off of the YZ donor bike as I could, just to make sure.

• SXP

Posted January 05, 2011 - 06:48 AM

There are a couple of posts on the YZ side that address cracked aluminium frames. Search that forum for "cracked frames" and you'll get a couple of hits. Here's one thread with pictures of the crack: http://www.thumperta...t=cracked frame

Good luck.

• grayracer513

Posted January 06, 2011 - 10:11 AM

no welding can be done

Who fed you that?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.