rear wheel fits tight all of a sudden.

3 replies to this topic
  • Dick Falcon

Posted January 04, 2011 - 09:50 AM

hey guys,its kinda hard to get my rear wheel on now days.its was real easy,but i tore m chain guide off over the summer and had it rewelded on.after i got it it back it still fit perfect.my wheel bearing are seated all the way,my spacers are fine.i got to hold the wheel up kinda jam the caliper holder in and then try to get the axle through.after i get the wheel on everything is fine,its just a PITA!i hope my swingarm isnt bent,everything looks stright???i love my bike,i just got a few little weird things going on.

jon

• YamaLink

Posted January 04, 2011 - 11:09 AM

The caliper is straight, and the brake pads are not pushed out on one end?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • baxterj787

Posted January 04, 2011 - 11:27 AM

Make sure the caliper is able to slide on the mounting pins. When the wheel is off the bike, you should be able to easily move the caliper left to right on it's mounting boss.

I also spread my brake pads a bit when removing the rear wheel to help reassembly.

• Dick Falcon

Posted January 04, 2011 - 05:03 PM

caliper is fine,its just really tight now i dont get it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.