coolster 125 wont start

4 replies to this topic
  • quinns_daddy

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:28 PM

I recently purchased a coolster 125 pit bike and I cannot get it to stay running. It will crank over and fire with starting fluid but it feels lit it isn't getting gas, but the carb bowl is full. I took the idle and main jets out cleaned them both and adjusted the needle to the center notch. other than that i cannot see any issues with anything else in the carb. :excuseme:

also, Does this bike have a kill switch on the clutch? you cannot kick/bump start it with the clutch pulled in, the piston will not move.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wingnutks

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:04 AM

I recently purchased a coolster 125 pit bike and I cannot get it to stay running. It will crank over and fire with starting fluid but it feels lit it isn't getting gas, but the carb bowl is full. I took the idle and main jets out cleaned them both and adjusted the needle to the center notch. other than that i cannot see any issues with anything else in the carb. :excuseme:

also, Does this bike have a kill switch on the clutch? you cannot kick/bump start it with the clutch pulled in, the piston will not move.

When you kick start that bike you are kickstarting the engine via the transmission... so holding the clutch in will do you no good.

Also, are you sure the cyclinder is getting gas? Take the air filter off, cover the intake with the palm of your hand and give it a kick.

• RexRider

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:14 AM

Check the Valves, I just bought a 125 pit and had to adjust them right out the box. Double and triple check all vent lines and fuel cock, I found some tightened between a stator cover making them pinch.

• dirtbkr188

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:23 AM

Take the carb completely apart, removing all jets, adjustment screws, the slide, the float and float needle. Spray contact cleaner thoroughly all through the carb passageways, and blow out said passageways with compressed air. Just because the main and pilot jets are clear, doesn't mean the main or pilot jet passageways are.

• quinns_daddy

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:05 PM

thanks all for the info...i ended up finding the pilot jet badly clogged. NOw I just have to adjust the fuel air ratio to get it run right.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.