Trailtech mounting with using a Steering Stabilizer

4 replies to this topic
  • basicblues

Posted July 19, 2003 - 01:03 PM

I am close to deciding on a steering stabilizer. I am using a Trialtech computer with a billet handlebar mount protector and wondered about mounting problems with the Scotts~GPR~RTT units? The RTT with the Fastway F.I.T. system looks pretty trick but has additional components to mount around. I'd like to stay with the billet protector instead of going with the plastic trialtech mount.

• YZ400Court

Posted July 19, 2003 - 03:04 PM

I just turned the Scotts unit around to mount my ICO above it. It is easy to pull the arm, spin it around and remount it.
Posted Image
Another option the GPR 2.0 :)
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr600r

Posted July 19, 2003 - 04:57 PM

basic blues...i see you removed the tubes from your gyt insert. how much did that effect the sound , and power ?

• basicblues

Posted July 19, 2003 - 07:05 PM

I did install the GYT-R insert with the tubes still on but I didn't really put any time on the bike to compare with the tubes off. Originally I was going to drill a bunch of holes in the tubes and then I decided to just remove them altogether. It's a little louder but I don't know the exact db's. I made most of my changes at one time so it's hard for me to comment on exactly how remeoving the tubes affected performance. I can say I am very happy with the way the bike sounds and performs. I had to apply heat to the tubes to loosen, but once off it wouldn't be a problem to reinstall.

• groundhog

Posted July 20, 2003 - 04:59 AM

I have a Scotts, Scotts top triple clamp & Aero taper bars. I just used longer bolts and placed the trail tech billet housing on top of the bar clamps. No problem with the bars, visibility, etc.
Posted Image

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.