New Yamaha WR450F m.2012?

65 replies to this topic
  • SXP

Posted September 19, 2011 - 04:07 PM

OMG!!! Heres another vid. Notice the subframe issue again... :smashpc:

BFD:excuseme: You seem to have your panties in a wad over this. Press a cap or plug into the hole and call it a day. Hopefully the production version will have some kind of cosmetic fix for it.

• F350JOHN

Posted September 19, 2011 - 04:40 PM

BFD:excuseme: You seem to have your panties in a wad over this. Press a cap or plug into the hole and call it a day. Hopefully the production version will have some kind of cosmetic fix for it.

BFD? LOL!

It's a reply in a joking, good spirited manner...hence the laughing smiley.

• XRYoda

Posted September 21, 2011 - 07:51 PM

It is ? I better go out and look in the garage again ! Maybe mine's morphed into something different ! * chuckle *

Your right, except for the forks, shock, cams, ti valves, cdi.. it is pretty much a wr!

Sorry, couldn't resist piling on!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XRYoda

Posted September 21, 2011 - 08:03 PM

I have heard the rumor that Yamaha may also put out a WR 250 two stroke. I would love to see Yamaha and the other Japanese manufactures put the effort into off road dirt bikes that KTM does.

Yep, there was an article in dirt rider or dirt bike where some higher up at Yamaha said they were looking at making WR version of the yz 250 two stroke. They would be stupid not to. The YZ 2 stroke has such a cult following in off road they would sell a million of them as a WR, espicially if they were a grand or so less than a KTM. All they would have to do is take parts off the shelf and put in a WR tranny, 18" wheel, kickstand and larger tank and they would sell tons. IT would not match a KTM 2-stroker unless they did some decent updates to the suspention and chassis, but if they sold that old dog as a freshened-up off road model and sold it cheaper than the KTM, look out. Don't get me wrong, the current KTM's are really, really good. IT would just be good to see Yamaha be a competitor to the off road market.

Edited by XRYoda, September 21, 2011 - 08:25 PM.

• Ak Yammy

Posted September 22, 2011 - 03:04 PM

Yep, there was an article in dirt rider or dirt bike where some higher up at Yamaha said they were looking at making WR version of the yz 250 two stroke. They would be stupid not to. The YZ 2 stroke has such a cult following in off road they would sell a million of them as a WR, espicially if they were a grand or so less than a KTM. All they would have to do is take parts off the shelf and put in a WR tranny, 18" wheel, kickstand and larger tank and they would sell tons. IT would not match a KTM 2-stroker unless they did some decent updates to the suspention and chassis, but if they sold that old dog as a freshened-up off road model and sold it cheaper than the KTM, look out. Don't get me wrong, the current KTM's are really, really good. IT would just be good to see Yamaha be a competitor to the off road market.

Did you intentionally cap your IT's hinting that Yam should build this bike and bring back the 2-stroke enduro IT name? I think it would be a home run also and give some competition to all the Ktm 300/250 riders out there. 2013 Yamaha IT250 build it!!! :smashpc:

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted September 22, 2011 - 06:07 PM

Did you intentionally cap your IT's hinting that Yam should build this bike and bring back the 2-stroke enduro IT name? I think it would be a home run also and give some competition to all the Ktm 300/250 riders out there. 2013 Yamaha IT250 build it!!! :smashpc:

How cool would that be?! Never really cared for that baby blue color of those bikes, but if they were to build it, calling it an IT would certainly play on the emotions of the old time nostalgia folk. I don't see this happening, but we can always dream and hope.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.