case vent valve thoughts?

14 replies to this topic
  • SAthump

Posted January 02, 2011 - 08:25 PM

http://thumperracing...&product_id=212 :excuseme:

• brentn

Posted January 02, 2011 - 10:20 PM

I made a thread that was proof that the breather tube does indeed suck up crap from the outside... Looks interesting as it blocks out dirt, but still not to sure how controlling the pressure results in better ring seal etc....

• Smokeslider

Posted January 03, 2011 - 05:30 PM

For $75? I think there a lot cheaper logical choices....

• Mr. Neutron

Posted January 03, 2011 - 07:22 PM

For $75? I think there a lot cheaper logical choices....

I would agree! IF that is simply a one way check valve, that's a whole lot more than it needs to be..... A really quick Google search for "plastic check valves" came up with this plastic one for $.72. It's for 3/8" hose, & I have no idea what size our crankcase vent hose is.....

http://www.usplastic...36843&catid=489

But I would think that a one way vent (again, IF that's what Thumper Racing is selling; I don't believe it actually comes out & says what it is..... :busted: ) isn't really what's called for in this application. Doesn't the crankcase need to be able to vent both ways???? :excuseme: Seems like it'd be better to route the hose to the air box, and put one of those UNI crankcase vent filters on the end.....

Jimmie

• sacfelix

Posted January 03, 2011 - 07:46 PM

I moved my breather to my airbox and I only spent $7 on the project. What a waste of $75 but hay Im sure there are people that will buy it.

• reefskinner

Posted March 24, 2011 - 03:03 PM

Interesting. I know several people use the "T" setup with one hose to the air box and the other downward. Would it be a good idea to use two of the cheap plastic one way valves in this type of arrangement. One so it will only draw air in from the air box and the other so it will only exhaust out the bottom line?

• Aka.Goose

Posted March 24, 2011 - 04:51 PM

Would it be a good idea to use two of the cheap plastic one way valves in this type of arrangement.

IMO, it's just not needed...I've had the "T" mod with a filter on the airbox end, and thinner tubing for the draining end for years now and have had no issues (with fine dust, sand, mud, or puddles)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blueberg17

Posted March 25, 2011 - 07:09 AM

I have also seen people just route the breather tube down behind the head and next to the carb, then hose clamp a little k&n filter to the end.

They have never had any issues...

• ttr250dude

Posted March 25, 2011 - 05:41 PM

I was thinking of putting something like this on the end of the breather hose

http://www.knfilters...px?Prod=RU-3170

• reefskinner

Posted March 26, 2011 - 09:36 AM

I think I will mimic what the Red bikes do and run one end to the intake boot with the other end down behind the motor.

• blueberg17

Posted April 01, 2011 - 07:44 PM

I have seen a few buddies route their breather tube backwards and put a filter on the end. So I did it. Seems better than the stock setup. what do you guys think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Aka.Goose

Posted April 01, 2011 - 07:55 PM

I think you're gonna have a little filter that'll need to be serviced often, and a puddle of oil on the case underneath it...Hey, you asked...

• blueberg17

Posted April 02, 2011 - 08:03 AM

I think you're gonna have a little filter that'll need to be serviced often, and a puddle of oil on the case underneath it...Hey, you asked...

Maybe. I might have a little more clean up work, but that's ok... It's better then sucking a mouth full of sand when I ride in the dunes

• crf450319

Posted April 02, 2011 - 10:29 AM

Maybe. I might have a little more clean up work, but that's ok... It's better then sucking a mouth full of sand when I ride in the dunes

I agree :cheers:

• Aka.Goose

Posted April 02, 2011 - 04:21 PM

Also agreed...:cheers:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.