05 wr450 wont stay running

3 replies to this topic
  • metalworxman

Posted January 01, 2011 - 02:10 PM

Having trouble wont stay running...will check pilot jet...valves in spec ...fuel comes out float overflow ..so getting fuel to carb..seems like not getting fuel. will start but not stay running.. blow out jets? not much time on motor..
thanks

• X-Racer

Posted January 01, 2011 - 05:19 PM

Must be the season... The one (03) I just picked-up does the same thing. Obviously caused by gas sitting in the float bowl too long. All the jets were oxidized and coated brown. Grrrrr.....

Glad I don't smoke. The good news is the garage floor is nice and clean.

I removed, cleaned and/or replaced all the jets and at this point, suspect the float adjustment (not sure how, or why it would have ever been mis-adjusted but just the same...). I verified the hot start isn't stuck.

Not sure what else to recommend EXCEPT to religiously use an additive to the gas (I use Marven's Miracle Oil, or Lucas Gas additive in all my other bikes and don't have a problem < although I do ride them all with some frequency> )

Just the same you would think it would at least start (not that I could fine-tune either the idle or A/F screw). .

I'll go back at it again tomorrow. I'll let cha know what I find in my gremlin.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • metalworxman

Posted January 01, 2011 - 05:20 PM

un real.....what a difference..after cleaning the jets it runs like champ...
:excuseme:

• crooks420

Posted January 04, 2011 - 08:59 PM

You can try some carb/ fuel injection cleaner, the type you add to your gas tank. Berrymans & Seafoam are pretty good. Alot of people swear by Seafoam. If it happens again, try the seafoam first.

Jesse

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.