'05 WR 450 F newbie

4 replies to this topic
  • turtleman70

Posted December 30, 2010 - 11:26 PM

All I can say is the WR is a whole lot different from my KLX650R. I have not done any of the free mods yet, but I'm getting ready to do the AIS mod this week. The difference is on the green whale is that you twist and let the steam build the then hang on and the WR you twist, pucker and then grin.

• mikewrf18

Posted December 30, 2010 - 11:44 PM

Congrats on the new bike! If you think it screams now, wait until the free mods are done. It will feel like a totally different bike. Plentif of pics and threads on here to help you through the process. What AIS removal kit are you using?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • turtleman70

Posted December 30, 2010 - 11:59 PM

I'm using the yamaha one. I've only ridden the WR twice since I bought it from my buddy it was originally for my wife but I think it'll be a tad too much for her so I'm going to end up selling the 650r to get her a 250 or something.

• mikewrf18

Posted December 31, 2010 - 12:35 AM

Good idea, since when you get around to uncorking it you'll probably want to keep it for yourself, and not let her ride it anyways! :excuseme:

• YamaLink

Posted January 03, 2011 - 07:34 AM

A different/new bike for a new year is always a good thing!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.