New Cycra plastics 2010/11 YZF450

9 replies to this topic
  • dc182

Posted December 30, 2010 - 11:05 AM

There is a new video out on TWMX showing Nick Wey from Valli Motorsports Yamaha riding with the new Cycra Plastics and Team Graphics from Valli. They look pretty awesome.

• AAKRUGER451

Posted January 02, 2011 - 04:42 PM

yea they look really awesome but did you see the price tag?
Its like $90 for the shroud and another $20 for the tank cover

• motojase316

Posted January 03, 2011 - 05:28 AM

That looks worth the money to me, I am ordering...

• aedwards07

Posted January 03, 2011 - 06:34 AM

yea they look really awesome but did you see the price tag?
Its like $90 for the shroud and another $20 for the tank cover

Sad part is the stock stuff isnt much different.

• dc182

Posted January 03, 2011 - 12:17 PM

I would almost bet that replacing the same stuff with OEM plastics would be the same or more expensive. Also, you get 40% more air induction that oem. I almost sure that this would be the least expensive mod you could do for more horsepower (to run better). Unless you want to hack up your stock stuff. Seems like a good investment to me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AAKRUGER451

Posted January 04, 2011 - 05:09 PM

yea, i just looked into it. Its almost the exact same price. the cycra stuff is definitely the way to go. $110 still seems like a lot for a couple pieces of plastic

• rickallen124

Posted January 04, 2011 - 10:18 PM

Yeah, I'm not enjoying going from being able to buy a whole set of oem plastics for around $100 for my 08 to the same amount for just the shroud pieces on the '10. I got the cycra shrouds and they fit really well.

• Jeepentj

Posted January 05, 2011 - 10:01 AM

Are you running graphics on the cycra shrouds that work with OEM shrouds? If so, how did they fit? I want to go Cycra but not at the expense of not being able to run standard graphics (since custom cost more).

• SEOINAGE

Posted January 05, 2011 - 10:09 AM

I don't know if I buy the whole 40% increased air flow, under their specific circumstances that they tested it at. I doubt the performance increase is noticeable enough to warrant spending the money unless you needed new shrouds anyways.

• aedwards07

Posted January 06, 2011 - 06:44 PM

I run graphics made just for the shrouds.Impulse graphx makes semi custom kits and has the cycra templates.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.