Pro Circuit CR500 2001 Jetting Chart, need explaining please.

8 replies to this topic
  • AndyMx

Posted December 29, 2010 - 11:36 PM

G'day guys, i'm wondering if someone can explain to me the CR500 jetting specs i obtained from the Pro Circuit website that i have highlighted?

Are the details listed beside CR500 the stock jetting specs? and the details beside Pro Circuit the jetting specs if a pro circuit pipe is applied to the bike?

What does STD mean? Standard?

What does POS mean?

and which screw are they referring to for the 1 1/2?

Please forgive my ignorance, i have never gotten into the jetting side of things.

Posted Image

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

• yathump

Posted December 30, 2010 - 02:38 AM

G'day guys, i'm wondering if someone can explain to me the CR500 jetting specs i obtained from the Pro Circuit website that i have highlighted?

Are the details listed beside CR500 the stock jetting specs? and the details beside Pro Circuit the jetting specs if a pro circuit pipe is applied to the bike?
Yes
What does STD mean? Standard?
Correct
What does POS mean?
Position of the clip
and which screw are they referring to for the 1 1/2?
Airscrew
Please forgive my ignorance, i have never gotten into the jetting side of things.

Posted Image

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

I answered inside the quote in bold
This is for the CR5 with the stock PJ carb on it, Service Honda mounts a 39.5 PWK carb on their bikes so jetting/ jet numbers will be different

• HrcRacing

Posted December 30, 2010 - 12:49 PM

Air screw (brass straight slot) location:

Posted Image

• jbird710

Posted December 31, 2010 - 11:05 AM

Position of the clip (needle clip) see diagram below:

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • riles

Posted December 31, 2010 - 03:21 PM

Blue haze,

FWIW, I've just finished rejetting a 2000 stock 500 (fmf gnarly, fresh top end and the head shaved for a bit more compression)

I tried the fmf jetting specs but got pinging at 1/4 throttle and a slightly lean feel.
I went to 58 pilot, position 4 standard needle and a 172 main.
This was better all around and what I'm going to to ride with for a while.
This is for trail riding, 70f, sea level, premium fuel,40:1.

500s are new to me so others on this forum are more experienced but I share my specs as you in australia too.

• AndyMx

Posted December 31, 2010 - 09:49 PM

cool thanks for some great info guys, really appreciate it. And Riles your info will help heaps seeing as we are on the same continent.

• Keith Z

Posted January 02, 2011 - 05:02 AM

You should use the chart as a GUIDE only. I live on the east coast of the US and found that the jetting recommendations are too rich for my area. We have a lot of humidity which makes the need to run leaner. You need to experiment for the best results. Good luck.

• LovingOffroadPain

Posted June 25, 2014 - 12:50 PM

Blue haze,

FWIW, I've just finished rejetting a 2000 stock 500 (fmf gnarly, fresh top end and the head shaved for a bit more compression)

I tried the fmf jetting specs but got pinging at 1/4 throttle and a slightly lean feel.
I went to 58 pilot, position 4 standard needle and a 172 main.
This was better all around and what I'm going to to ride with for a while.
This is for trail riding, 70f, sea level, premium fuel,40:1.

500s are new to me so others on this forum are more experienced but I share my specs as you in australia too.

Now that the 500 isn't so new, how do you like it??

• frdbtr

Posted June 26, 2014 - 06:55 AM

Holy old thread batman.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Restoration CR125 2003 - From Chile by McGrau

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • Hot  52 replies
Forums
Photo

Cr125 weird rolling noises and will not start! by Chowda5

• 11 replies
Forums
Photo

1993 CR250 BUILD by spodeboy by spodeboy

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Stuck WFO by DirtRider500R

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • Hot  53 replies
Forums
Photo

1999 CR125R Choke installation? by josephduckworth

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.