LeoVince exhaust for 450

29 replies to this topic
  • bmxdad2001

Posted January 01, 2011 - 04:16 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about the bracket and fab one up yourself they are carbon fiber and mine lasted about 12 rides, that baby is hanging by a hose clamp 20 or so rides later...

LOL, that's great news Finch. Wonder if they make an aluminum one that's a little more durable??? I'm gonna call Leo Vince on Monday and see why their online Ebay store ships pipes without mounting brackets in the first place. Maybe they can help me out?

• dvn

Posted January 02, 2011 - 06:43 AM

Here's another option for you. I am very happy with the stock muffler with PMB endcap and an FMF Megabomb header. Late last fall I had the opportunity to try a complete Pro Circuit T4R system on my bike and hated it. My set-up has much more bottom and mid power. Plus you get to keep the "tucked in" look on the muffler.
Posted Image

• delmas

Posted January 02, 2011 - 07:16 AM

Here's another option for you. I am very happy with the stock muffler with PMB endcap and an FMF Megabomb header. Late last fall I had the opportunity to try a complete Pro Circuit T4R system on my bike and hated it. My set-up has much more bottom and mid power. Plus you get to keep the "tucked in" look on the muffler.
Posted Image

what was your dislike with pro circuit

• FinchFan194

Posted January 02, 2011 - 07:25 AM

For one their stuff is wayyyy overpriced, just because they have some of the best pros, does not mean they have the best pipes...best looking pipes? Sure,their stuff always looks great, but then I am never after looks.

• locomike

Posted January 02, 2011 - 07:35 AM

Posted Image

I'm running the exact same setup and am very happy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bmxdad2001

Posted January 02, 2011 - 10:30 AM

Posted Image

I love the red anodized endcap. Does it do anything performance wise? Or did your gains come from the Megabomb header. Thanks. Your bike looks awesome. Great job.

• dvn

Posted January 02, 2011 - 02:52 PM

I love the red anodized endcap. Does it do anything performance wise? Or did your gains come from the Megabomb header. Thanks. Your bike looks awesome. Great job.

The endcap removes the secondary restrictive cone and comes with an optional cone and spark arrestor which you can install if noise is an issue. I removed the inner cone as well. Definite performance improvement even without the Megabomb.
Posted Image

• dvn

Posted January 02, 2011 - 02:55 PM

what was your dislike with pro circuit

As stated in my original post, the bike lost a ton of bottom end.

• bmxdad2001

Posted January 03, 2011 - 05:45 PM

The endcap removes the secondary restrictive cone and comes with an optional cone and spark arrestor which you can install if noise is an issue. I removed the inner cone as well. Definite performance improvement even without the Megabomb.
Posted Image

Has anyone tried the Lexx carbon cap? Is it comparable to PMB cap. I just like the look of the carbon for my YZ's color scheme. Thanks.

Posted Image

Edited by bmxdad2001, January 03, 2011 - 07:35 PM.

• Redlines

Posted January 04, 2011 - 03:11 AM

Went with a complete new DRD system off Ebay for $380. Best price I could find but I am sure there are better deals out there on them.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.