Well I bought a 2010 and need a lil help.

6 replies to this topic
  • matts06yzf

Posted December 27, 2010 - 04:44 PM

I been around here for years but I wasn't gonna stick with yamis this year because i just didnt like the 2010. But I have never had one problem out of four yami 450s I have owned so I couldn't switch. And I got a white one for 5900.00 bucks plus 267.00 shipping. Couldnt beat it. So now its order parts time. My main question is can I do the footpeg mod on the 2010 like I did on my 08 and 09? To lower them down and back?

• rider32

Posted December 27, 2010 - 07:20 PM

i have a question your 2010. is it the YZF450 and if so how do you like the bike? like is it easy to kick over? does it stall at all? is it easy to start when the bike is hot? how does it run? and what is the power like?

• 450motard

Posted December 27, 2010 - 07:53 PM

i have a question your 2010. is it the YZF450 and if so how do you like the bike? like is it easy to kick over? does it stall at all? is it easy to start when the bike is hot? how does it run? and what is the power like?

Do a little searching and you'll find two or three recent threads discussing the 2010 - pros and cons.

I love mine, but yeah, the first gear stalling and twitchy throttle are definitely tops on my 'to be fixed' list.

And to the O/P, I'm not familiar with the footpeg mod so I'm of no use there...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted December 28, 2010 - 06:09 AM

Wonder how far out Pro Moto Billet is with their 2010/2011 peg.

• matts06yzf

Posted December 28, 2010 - 10:22 AM

Well i have dumped over 1k in this thing already today and i havent even gotten it yet ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

• darius228

Posted December 28, 2010 - 01:10 PM

Mine used to be hard to start and died often, I went up a few click's on the idle knob and it's cured, never stalls and starts easy, even in gear. About the jerky throttle.....yeah I havent gotten a chance to play with a tuner but I can't say I would enjoy trail riding as I'm pretty much mx only. Just rolling around at a constant throttle I click up a gear or two and it's not to jerky.

• 450motard

Posted December 29, 2010 - 07:53 PM

Wonder how far out Pro Moto Billet is with their 2010/2011 peg.

You might call them to see - I sent an email about the kickstand before they were listed on the website. The guy called me within an hour and said he had the first batch in a box beside his desk. Sold me one over the phone and shipped it that day...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.