Clutch Basket from 06 fit 03 WR450?

3 replies to this topic
  • dazzabb

Posted December 27, 2010 - 03:59 AM

Will an 06 clutch basket fit an 03?

Ordered an 06 by accident from e-bay and after checking the part numbers for 03 / 06 they are not the same!

Wondering if it will fit?

• WR450FGreg

Posted December 30, 2010 - 11:40 AM

If it were me I would be checking the part number of the shaft it sits on to see if that's the same.

I'd then do the same for clutch plates.

I'd then, as a final check, have a close look at the diagram of it in each parts list. (Not exactly 100% reliable, but worth checking anyway).
If it looked the same in both diagrams then I'd reckon it probably would work.

Take the side cover off and try it!

Greg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaxPower

Posted January 01, 2011 - 05:37 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I am not 100% but I think they are different . I think the gear has a different amount of teeth, I think its one tooth different .Maybe you could change the primary gear on the end of the crank to match.
You can sell it again on ebay if what I am saying turns out to be true
How much was it
[/COLOR]

• dazzabb

Posted January 02, 2011 - 06:08 PM

I'm still waiting for it to arrive....

It was $75 on ebay.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.