2011 JGR /Muscle Milk YZ450F !

26 replies to this topic
  • matts06yzf

Posted December 30, 2010 - 01:43 PM

As I said, there are educated professionals who say it doesn't, and neither does the previous generation of aluminum framed YZ450's, for that matter.

It's interesting that so many people can be given a gizmo of some sort and immediately notice the profound effect it has (even if it has none at all), whereas when something like a revalve, which remains a foggy, abstract concept to many, is done, they don't see the difference as certainly. People believe the thing they can see more readily than that which they can't, especially if they don't entirely understand either one.

Im talking about guys with hundreds of hours of testing with just this bike. That say it needs it. Why would some of the fastest guys on earth on this bike run this gizmo then? Im confused. Again I think it depends on your speed
Gray you proabably wouldnt notice :excuseme:

• jaro51

Posted December 30, 2010 - 02:28 PM

There is also the element that some of those fast guys are paid to put stuff on their bike. Even if it doesn't generate any advantage, there is always the marketing aspect that "if XXX fast guy is using it, It'll make me faster too" and the masses line up to buy the product.

• grayracer513

Posted December 30, 2010 - 03:12 PM

Im talking about guys with hundreds of hours of testing with just this bike. That say it needs it. Why would some of the fastest guys on earth on this bike run this gizmo then?

I've actually worked with some of the fastest guys on Earth, although not in MX, and you wouldn't believe what some of them thought they needed.

That aside, understand that I am not necessarily saying that it won't do "something", only that according to some very highly regarded suspension people, it won't do anything that can't be done some other way, such as while doing the revalve you would do anyway.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • twenty34

Posted December 30, 2010 - 10:31 PM

This is my 1500 post !:busted:

You"ve got a long way to go, HRC.:excuseme::busted:

• twenty34

Posted December 30, 2010 - 10:39 PM

I think its how fast you are lets face it 90 percent of riders could do a revalve and springs and will be fine. For the extra money im doing linkage.

I only caught a portion of this thread, but I'm convinced that for most riders, they could send their suspension to (insert suspension shop of choice) and that said shop could merely make a few changes to the clickers, charge for a revalve and the rider wouldn't know the difference. And, they would say it's the best revalve they've ever had.

• Swapper265

Posted December 31, 2010 - 02:13 AM

There is also the element that some of those fast guys are paid to put stuff on their bike. Even if it doesn't generate any advantage, there is always the marketing aspect that "if XXX fast guy is using it, It'll make me faster too" and the masses line up to buy the product.

Exactly why so many guys are riding four strokes, but that is another argument. :busted:

:excuseme:

• HRC

Posted December 31, 2010 - 04:43 AM

You"ve got a long way to go, HRC.:excuseme::busted:

Considering I have been in here since 2002...hmmm 9 years or something like that. I should probably feel shame for only 1500 posts :busted:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

• 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.