Posted December 26, 2010 - 01:24 PM

Nice!!

• HRC

Posted December 26, 2010 - 02:13 PM

Sure looks trick ! :excuseme:

This is my 1500 post !:busted:

• motojase316

Posted December 27, 2010 - 12:04 AM

The JGR bikes are without a doubt, the hottest machinery is the pits bar nothing... I am seriously thinking of doing a replica :excuseme:

Congrats on the 1500 HRC, You clearly have too much time to burn :busted:

• Davey762

Posted December 27, 2010 - 12:16 AM

Bikes look nice, better than last years. Weird they aren't using the white lower shroud since they have white graphics on there that would probably look slightly better if they did.

• aedwards07

Posted December 27, 2010 - 07:01 AM

I find it interesting they are not running the shrouds drilled out anymore.Instead they are cutting the airbox out now.

• moto278

Posted December 27, 2010 - 08:12 PM

what are they doing with there airboxes now?

• HRC

Posted December 27, 2010 - 10:19 PM

Yes, that me wonder as well ?

• ah665

Posted December 28, 2010 - 12:31 PM

I'm a fan...so much detail. They look amazing. Also, someone said about the white lower shroud, I may be in the minority but I like the black better than the white

• delmas

Posted December 28, 2010 - 12:43 PM

what kind of link are they running.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Johnny T

Posted December 28, 2010 - 12:54 PM

Ah! Where's the airbox

• HRC

Posted December 28, 2010 - 01:35 PM

what kind of link are they running.

JGR is developing their own linkage linkarm and also tripleclamp.

The frontfork is also a JGR-special , called Showa F-type fork"-

• aedwards07

Posted December 30, 2010 - 08:30 AM

I believe the link arm in that dark brown color is actually the factory yamaha link actually.Jlaw,langston,and js7 were all running the same looking link.

• rickallen124

Posted December 30, 2010 - 08:57 AM

They have a complete linkage for sale along with just the relay arm.

• grayracer513

Posted December 30, 2010 - 09:19 AM

When you are talking about linkages, you should understand what changing the individual pieces will actually do. The linkage consists of two parts; the connecting link and the relay arm. It's purpose is to cause there to be a greater amount of shock travel per inch of wheel travel as the rear suspension compresses. This increase is called the rising rate.

Lengthening the link will lower the bike, shortening it will raise the bike. Apart from the change in height, the main effect of this is that it changes the angle of the steering head. There are other effects, but they are relatively minor, and either change has little if any effect on the linkage rate itself.

Altering the center-to-center dimensions or angles of the relay arm can raise or lower the bike, or leave the height unchanged, as well as altering the rising rate (or not). Just depends on how it's done.

Dave Johnson at SMART Performance, among some others, is of the opinion that all recently mad Yamaha models have no problem related to linkage rates that can't be controlled or corrected with a proper shock setup, anyway, so there's that bit of it to think about.

• matts06yzf

Posted December 30, 2010 - 11:44 AM

When you are talking about linkages, you should understand what changing the individual pieces will actually do. The linkage consists of two parts; the connecting link and the relay arm. It's purpose is to cause there to be a greater amount of shock travel per inch of wheel travel as the rear suspension compresses. This increase is called the rising rate.

Lengthening the link will lower the bike, shortening it will raise the bike. Apart from the change in height, the main effect of this is that it changes the angle of the steering head. There are other effects, but they are relatively minor, and either change has little if any effect on the linkage rate itself.

Altering the center-to-center dimensions or angles of the relay arm can raise or lower the bike, or leave the height unchanged, as well as altering the rising rate (or not). Just depends on how it's done.

Dave Johnson at SMART Performance, among some others, is of the opinion that all recently mad Yamaha models have no problem related to linkage rates that can't be controlled or corrected with a proper shock setup, anyway, so there's that bit of it to think about.

The guy that does my bikes did all Matt Goerkes stuff on his yamis and now is doing all Jeff Alessis stuff. He does many more top guys Mike Alessis, Tilube Kawi etc. etc. He has spent tons of time on the 2010 yamaha even bought one himself just to test. I know motoconcepts has enzo on board but not all the guys are using them. We spoke at lenghth about linkage last night he said this bike needs linkage for the best setup. I have spoke to another very highly trained suspension tuner and he says same thing. Enzo says "depends". I think its how fast you are lets face it 90 percent of riders could do a revalve and springs and will be fine. For the extra money im doing linkage.

• HRC

Posted December 30, 2010 - 11:56 AM

The guy that does my bikes did all Matt Goerkes stuff on his yamis and now is doing all Jeff Alessis stuff. He does many more top guys Mike Alessis, Tilube Kawi etc. etc. He has spent tons of time on the 2010 yamaha even bought one himself just to test. I know motoconcepts has enzo on board but not all the guys are using them. We spoke at lenghth about linkage last night he said this bike needs linkage for the best setup. I have spoke to another very highly trained suspension tuner and he says same thing. Enzo says "depends". I think its how fast you are lets face it 90 percent of riders could do a revalve and springs and will be fine. For the extra money im doing linkage.

Can someone please tell me why the 2010/11 YZ450F need this linkarm ?

It´s not like it´s suffering from the same problems as the 2009/10 Crf450.

To me this bike handles very stable and predictable, but than again...I coming from the CRF-pond.

• matts06yzf

Posted December 30, 2010 - 12:00 PM

Can someone please tell me why the 2010/11 need this linkarm ?

It´s not like it´s suffering from the same problems as the 2009/10 Crf450.

To me this bike handles very stable and predictable, but than again...I coming from the CRF-pond.

Good question Ive never ridden one. But hell the way I look at is if some of the best guys in the business are running them for 120 bucks so am I. I wont ride the bike until its revalved and sprung so im just going to get it done all at once.

• ridleyredraider

Posted December 30, 2010 - 12:16 PM

Someone didn't get the memo about the yz450f air box relocation...

• grayracer513

Posted December 30, 2010 - 01:35 PM

Can someone please tell me why the 2010/11 YZ450F need this linkarm ?

As I said, there are educated professionals who say it doesn't, and neither does the previous generation of aluminum framed YZ450's, for that matter.

It's interesting that so many people can be given a gizmo of some sort and immediately notice the profound effect it has (even if it has none at all), whereas when something like a revalve, which remains a foggy, abstract concept to many, is done, they don't see the difference as certainly. People believe the thing they can see more readily than that which they can't, especially if they don't entirely understand either one.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.