new gears

8 replies to this topic
  • new2blu

Posted July 17, 2003 - 05:55 PM

Has anyone had good results using the new e-start gears i.e.-backfires/stalls with no damage to woodruff key? Was wondering if I should order the new gears? I'm tired of kicking my e-start bike. :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted July 19, 2003 - 09:57 AM

I have over 3000 miles on my WR450 and every start is an e-start. Original woodruff key, original starter gear, nothing changed from factory spec. My opinon is ride it until it breaks. :)

• bfg50

Posted July 20, 2003 - 04:52 PM

I got one just to be safe. The new gear is designed correctly. Do it, and forget there ever was a problem.

• SMD

Posted July 21, 2003 - 12:15 PM

bfg50 could you be a little more specific as to what gears you have replaced. Part number, how are they differant,did you install, how did the conversation go with your dealer etc.
Thankyou

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted July 21, 2003 - 12:55 PM

bfg50 could you be a little more specific as to what gears you have replaced. Part number, how are they differant,did you install, how did the conversation go with your dealer etc.
Thankyou

I'd like to know the cost of the gear as I'm sure Yamaha won't step up and replace this at no cost.

• N7SLC

Posted July 21, 2003 - 02:31 PM

Dave better buy that new gear!

Heaven forbid he should have to resort to the kicker!! :)

• ddialogue

Posted July 21, 2003 - 02:45 PM

Heaven forbid he should have to resort to the kicker!! :D

At least my kicker was STANDARD equipment! :) :D

• N7SLC

Posted July 21, 2003 - 03:33 PM

Heaven forbid he should have to resort to the kicker!! :)

At least my kicker was STANDARD equipment! :D :D

That's SOOOO true.

You gotta wonder if Yamaha was expecting trouble? :D At least there's been ZERO problems with the starting systems on the DR!

If ya'll can't tell, we love sibling-rivalry!! :D

:D

• RichBaker

Posted July 21, 2003 - 04:58 PM

The only problem with the e-start is riders that don't know how to keep the throttle closed.....
The only problem I've had with mine was when a tree branch ripped the button out of the switch ass'y.
Rich Baker, no oversized sig file......;8^P

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.