Risks dealing with Maps on EFI YZ450F's ?

6 replies to this topic
  • HRC

Posted December 26, 2010 - 01:48 AM

I'm thinking of getting this GYTR power tuner.

Are there any risks when changing maps back and forth ? Engine failure ?

I'm never dealt with Maps before, but the easy to use GYTR tuner makes me want to try it out.

• steve_97060

Posted December 26, 2010 - 11:07 AM

HRC, no risks at all, it is easy to use and you can always switch back to stock.. The tuner is a must have device for your ride, I am surprised you don't have one already...

• HRC

Posted December 26, 2010 - 12:00 PM

HRC, no risks at all, it is easy to use and you can always switch back to stock.. The tuner is a must have device for your ride, I am surprised you don't have one already...

OK , Thanks ! :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • delmas

Posted December 26, 2010 - 12:19 PM

I agree

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 27, 2010 - 11:56 AM

IMO it isnt worth the money. I just found a map I liked and loaded it in and then gave the tuner back to my shop. If something came up and needed it I just go down to the shop and get it.

• HRC

Posted December 27, 2010 - 12:53 PM

:excuseme:

IMO it isnt worth the money. I just found a map I liked and loaded it in and then gave the tuner back to my shop. If something came up and needed it I just go down to the shop and get it.

Lucky you !

• tech24

Posted December 27, 2010 - 12:58 PM

I think its well worth the money not just for the tuner but to be able to read data especially RPM and engine hours. Plus its fun to try different maps on different terrain

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.