FMF Complete System

3 replies to this topic
  • BigE

Posted July 17, 2003 - 05:13 PM

I recently installed the powerbomb header, midpipe, and 14" Ti-4. Is anyone else running this combo on a 450? I've re-jetted twice and looking for some help.I was running 48pjand 160mj. I new it would be lean but I had know idea it was going to light the header up like rudolf. Went to 50pj/ 168mj and it's better but still red. I'm also running the stock yz needle on the third slot. If anyone has already tackled the powerbomb jet settings I sure would like to hear what you come up with. I'm in South Carolina around 300ft.Thanks

• motomanfan

Posted July 18, 2003 - 10:21 AM

I dont own a 450, but a friend of mine does. He says that it is normal for it to glow like that. I know I've seen his do it for as long as he's owned it.

Im sure one of the WR guys will be along shortly to confirm this, though

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BigE

Posted July 18, 2003 - 12:00 PM

I called fmf and that's the same thing they said."Normal". I'm running a night race this weekend so I guess it will help light the trail. For anyone consisering the set up , the pipe is awesome. It really helps the midrange. I' m going to up the pilot and the glow is only noticeble at night.

• 450roost

Posted July 22, 2003 - 07:50 AM

I'm running the same system on my wr450f. I also called FMF and was told that this is normal. Is the bike running well? If so ride and have fun. :)

I recently installed the powerbomb header, midpipe, and 14" Ti-4. Is anyone else running this combo on a 450? I've re-jetted twice and looking for some help.I was running 48pjand 160mj. I new it would be lean but I had know idea it was going to light the header up like rudolf. Went to 50pj/ 168mj and it's better but still red. I'm also running the stock yz needle on the third slot. If anyone has already tackled the powerbomb jet settings I sure would like to hear what you come up with. I'm in South Carolina around 300ft.Thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.