EFI & Yosh RS4

8 replies to this topic
  • Jeepentj

Posted December 24, 2010 - 10:27 AM

For those of you with the Yoshimura RS4 exhaust, what EFI mappings are you running? Initially I was running the Jay Marmont mapping but the pipe started to discolor (it's not Ti) so I went back to stock (all zeros). I've played around but haven't found anything I'm really happy with. So... what are you running?

• Davey762

Posted December 24, 2010 - 03:38 PM

Been using this map for almost the entire time since having the pipe, really pulls harder. Can especially notice the difference when hill climbing.

"Setting for improved response"
"This setting is suited for a linear engine response to throttle work when riding on dirt with good traction or on high-load sand courses. This setting helps to achieve faster engine revving up through the rpm range for owners who want to ride more aggressively."
Fuel Injection (FI)
-2 -4 -4
-2 -4 -4
-2 -2 -2
Ignition (IG)
+3 +2 +2
+3 +3 +2
+3 +3 +3

• Troutman

Posted December 24, 2010 - 09:34 PM

The first 5 inches or so of my YOSH stainless head pipe changed to purple and the remainder of the head pipe is a very light goldish color, is it not supposed to change color after you ride it? I thought that this was normal even for a stainless pipe. The bike runs perfect..

• grayracer513

Posted December 24, 2010 - 09:55 PM

Of course it will change color. The pipe can heat to over 900 degrees. Stainless will turn dull and brownish with time. Ti will dull near the head, but stay a blue or yellow color for much longer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rickallen124

Posted December 24, 2010 - 11:14 PM

For those of you with the Yoshimura RS4 exhaust, what EFI mappings are you running? Initially I was running the Jay Marmont mapping but the pipe started to discolor (it's not Ti) so I went back to stock (all zeros). I've played around but haven't found anything I'm really happy with. So... what are you running?

Less hit or broad map is what I have been using depending on track conditions. The Marmont map is the next one I'll try.

• Troutman

Posted December 25, 2010 - 11:50 AM

Of course it will change color. The pipe can heat to over 900 degrees. Stainless will turn dull and brownish with time. Ti will dull near the head, but stay a blue or yellow color for much longer.

Thanks Grey, Jeepnjt it sounds like you should just run the Jay Marmot map that you like and not worry about the pipe color, its all natural and normal. :excuseme:

• Jeepentj

Posted December 26, 2010 - 09:34 PM

Thanks Grey, Jeepnjt it sounds like you should just run the Jay Marmot map that you like and not worry about the pipe color, its all natural and normal. :excuseme:

I'm not so sure. I have the stainless RS4 and the first twelve inches of the pipe turned bluish - similar to what a Ti pipe looks like when it's hot. It's my understanding this occurs because of a lean condition (when this happens to a stainless pipe).

• tech24

Posted December 27, 2010 - 05:08 AM

I'm not so sure. I have the stainless RS4 and the first twelve inches of the pipe turned bluish - similar to what a Ti pipe looks like when it's hot. It's my understanding this occurs because of a lean condition (when this happens to a stainless pipe).

I think this is a myth, my pipe turns blue then brown after its cleaned and polished and my bike is definently not running lean

• grayracer513

Posted December 27, 2010 - 06:44 AM

It happens because the exhaust gets hot, stainless or otherwise. The SS pipes on both my '06's are dark all the way to the midpipe.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.