Lexx pipe lighter than stock?

5 replies to this topic
  • forgiven

Posted December 23, 2010 - 04:54 PM

Just wondering from those who have got one if it is actually lighter than stock.

YZ450F btw

• ph363

Posted December 25, 2010 - 05:29 AM

just got one yesterday....compared to the stock '08 silencer, no, it is not lighter than stock. In fact, its quite a bit heavier. This slip on is a monster. When mounted, it's about 7-8 inches shy of being flush with the end of the fender.

It is quiet though, and that's what matters.

• dalonar

Posted December 25, 2010 - 07:09 AM

not quiet when the closed course tip is on! i love how i can go from quiet to loud with 3 screws

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • forgiven

Posted December 26, 2010 - 07:04 AM

would you say it gives more low end torque though?

• dalonar

Posted December 26, 2010 - 09:31 AM

its hard to say, i think i gave me some low end but the sound being louder could be making my mind belive that it does!

• stroker101

Posted December 26, 2010 - 03:38 PM

would you say it gives more low end torque though?

it does weigh more than the stock muffler but it (LEXX MXe) is a significant improvement over the restrictive stock muffler. i find that i dont have to slip the clutch as much with it installed. easier getting out of the turns

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.