426 new to me, potental concern

5 replies to this topic
  • rts9821

Posted December 23, 2010 - 04:44 PM

just picked up a 426, 2000 model. seems like a well taken care of bike, runs really strong. he said it had been sitting a while, it was cold (about 42), and i have never started a 4 stroke in my life. it took about 4 solid kicks and i had it runing, probably thanks to the autodecomp. but when i finally got it home (traffic around a local mine is obsurd) it was dark and i started it up and noticed the header turned bright orange within five minutes of running, also noticed about 6 inch blue flames from the tail pipe when revved up.... this is my first dealings with any 4strokes (my other bike is a cr250) do i have a problem to investigate or just finding more things i like about this bike by the minute??

Edited by rts9821, December 23, 2010 - 04:48 PM.
adding details

• b--man426

Posted December 23, 2010 - 06:07 PM

Check out the sticky above ^^^^^

The Fabulous Glowing Red Header
http://www.thumperta....d.php?t=236304

lots of good info there

Enjoy the 426

• myoung

Posted December 23, 2010 - 09:13 PM

Night time light show! :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Joenewb

Posted December 24, 2010 - 08:27 PM

DO I have a problem to investigate? Lol I'd say so

• whyzee426F

Posted December 25, 2010 - 09:11 PM

just picked up a 426, 2000 model. seems like a well taken care of bike, runs really strong. he said it had been sitting a while, it was cold (about 42), and i have never started a 4 stroke in my life. it took about 4 solid kicks and i had it runing, probably thanks to the autodecomp. but when i finally got it home (traffic around a local mine is obsurd) it was dark and i started it up and noticed the header turned bright orange within five minutes of running, also noticed about 6 inch blue flames from the tail pipe when revved up.... this is my first dealings with any 4strokes (my other bike is a cr250) do i have a problem to investigate or just finding more things i like about this bike by the minute??

...normal stuff man, no worries. Enjoy your bike. Lots of good info on here to help you keep it running.

• Ryan426

Posted December 26, 2010 - 07:40 AM

when I bought my 426 this site helped me a lot. if a member named grayracer gives you advice, listen to the man. he knows YZ's .

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.