2010 Yz 450 Exhaust question

10 replies to this topic
  • Murphy41

Posted December 22, 2010 - 08:07 PM

How many guys on here are running the MRD slip on for the 2010-011 450? I really like the price and the quality looks amazing on the website. But anyone running on thier bike and how do you like it? Even the 2 week wait dont bother cause the price is faired well. Lets hear some input. Or even the guys running it on others bikes? You feel its a quality piece and works well??

• tech24

Posted December 23, 2010 - 10:52 AM

I don't have one but I want one. They are highly praised on here on lots of machines. Never heard anything negative. Mr. MRD himself is also a member here so not only are you buying a quality product you are supporting a non-mass produced company and a fellow TTer!

• Murphy41

Posted December 23, 2010 - 11:15 AM

Hmmmm, Im gonna have to call him up and get some more info then. I did a search on it and the only thing that came up were exhaust threads not directly related to the MRD so it was really hard to read through every thread to get info. So I wanted to start a thread. Thanks for the post! Any body else got first hand experience with his exhaust?

• brentn

Posted December 23, 2010 - 11:35 AM

I sold out to FMF...
Main reason was because there was a map for this slip on available at dynojet for my PCV.. It was 30$ more..
The quality on my FMF slip on is amazing, fit and finish just beautiful.
I haven't taken the bike out yet, probably tomorrow morning... All I've done is loaded the map and installed the pipe..

Besides that, the MRD is supposed to be excellent as well, fit and finish reported from other users is awesome. MRD's customer service is excellent too, he posts on here I'm sure he'll chime in.

• cambo au

Posted December 23, 2010 - 01:10 PM

i just bought one for my 2010 fit and quality is awsome havnt ridden it yet but i will chime in and let you know i also got a power tuner so hopefully it is money well spent
from what i read the stock pipe was good it was only the muffler letting it down so i wen with it

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brentn

Posted December 23, 2010 - 03:18 PM

i just bought one for my 2010 fit and quality is awsome havnt ridden it yet but i will chime in and let you know i also got a power tuner so hopefully it is money well spent
from what i read the stock pipe was good it was only the muffler letting it down so i wen with it

The stock map is pretty rich, putting the pipe on without running a tune will help with performance. You should not be worried about leaning the bike out without mapping it with your new pipe.

Here is some proof
Posted Image
The above is a map from dynojet for the power commander 5, from 4000rpm and up.
This map is for the FMF 4.1 slip on and stock air filter for the 2010 yz450f.
YOu can see that for the RPM range for a slip on pipe, the bike is still leaned out substantially, there is only one area that fuel is added at 60% throttle, but it is only 3%.

• 2milehigh

Posted December 23, 2010 - 10:01 PM

I have a MRD slip on on my 2010 and have nothing but praise for it. The quality and durability is second to none. When I first got my 2010 there wasn't much in the way of the aftermarket support so I went with a Dr.D full ti system. The system was well made and super light but it only lasted a month before I had bent and crushed the crap out of it. By this time MRD had a pipe out and I have been running the same pipe since then, putting over 100 hours on it so far. I repack it every 20 hours or so, and while it may look a rough around the edges from all of my abuse it is a rock solid product.
This is my fourth pipe from MRD and I have had positive results with every one I have had. The customer service is second to none, the pricing is very affordable, and the product is extremely well made. Just my .02 cents.

• MRD RACING

Posted December 24, 2010 - 01:43 PM

The stock map is pretty rich, putting the pipe on without running a tune will help with performance. You should not be worried about leaning the bike out without mapping it with your new pipe.

Here is some proof
Posted Image
The above is a map from dynojet for the power commander 5, from 4000rpm and up.
This map is for the FMF 4.1 slip on and stock air filter for the 2010 yz450f.
YOu can see that for the RPM range for a slip on pipe, the bike is still leaned out substantially, there is only one area that fuel is added at 60% throttle, but it is only 3%.

good info :excuseme:

• Murphy41

Posted December 24, 2010 - 08:40 PM

Well Mr MRD I believe in supporting the little guys. And the feedback I've been getting has been pretty damn good. So ill be getting ahold you for a piece. How long is the wait these days?

• BBrown626

Posted December 25, 2010 - 08:35 AM

Well Mr MRD I believe in supporting the little guys. And the feedback I've been getting has been pretty damn good. So ill be getting ahold you for a piece. How long is the wait these days?

We live a short drive from MRD. My wife was going to pick one up for me for Christmas, but they have a 1 or 2 week lead time. He builds them when ordered and doesn't stock any. There goes my Christmas :-(

• 450motard

Posted December 25, 2010 - 09:02 PM

I've got the MRD on my 2010. Customer service is great - he rushed my order due to me ordering right before a trip to Taylor Park (I needed a spark arrestor and figured I might as well buy a pipe instead of just getting an arrestor). The order was rushed and I was in business - he responded to my messages / emails very quickly, even after hours.

Fit and finish is superb - install was painless. I've never installed a pipe that fit so well. You'd think it came off the Yamaha assembly line.

The pipe sounds good and the spark arrestor and quiet inserts are very easy to swap in and out. I can't say too much about any power gains as I hardly rode my bike with the stock exhaust.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.