selling my 426 someone stop me

4 replies to this topic
  • buzzgrizz

Posted December 22, 2010 - 01:04 AM

Probably going to sell my trusty old stead Thursday unless someone slaps some sense into me:smirk: Since I bought my 250xc I just hardly ever ride it any more (hell i don't even have time to ride the 250). Rode it the other day out in my field and remembered how I loved the motor but good lord the suspension beat me to death:busted:

I will say this though over the 4+ years I've owned it the bike has been a dream to work on and never once failed me and I would gladly do the whole 426 'experience' over again.

Also a lot of thanks to Gray with a ton of questions asked by me over the years. He almost always had an answer:worthy:. (regardless of how stupid my questions may have been)

I do have 1 question though how many of you regret selling your 426?

• Swapper265

Posted December 22, 2010 - 02:54 AM

Sell it ASAP. You will be glad you did.

:excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pembell

Posted December 22, 2010 - 11:17 AM

Never mind that.

Can I just recommend to anyone who's not had one, to buy it off you!

• matt77

Posted December 23, 2010 - 07:36 AM

I love my 426. I really want to go with a plated dualsport but there is no way I will give up my beast.:excuseme:

• c_dasilva127

Posted December 23, 2010 - 09:26 AM

I wouldn't sell mine. I actually sold my custom drum set I made because it just sat out in the garage and my neighbors decided to complain one day after 8 years of playing during daytime hours and for and maybe for only an hour max at a time. So it just sat. I sold it and ended up profiting on it because I built it myself and got a nice chunk of green for it :excuseme:. Enough to do a straight across buy for a YZ 250 which is what my next bike most likely will be. And I don't have to give my 426 up. They're not worth anything anyways. But if you really need the extra space in your garage then do what you need to do. I like walking out into my garage and seeing an 11 year old piece of technology that I can still ride faster than alot of people on the track on their brand new bikes.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.