Distance w/yz tank

3 replies to this topic
  • 98motorsport3

Posted December 21, 2010 - 08:47 AM

I've got an 02 wr426, and am wanting to put the yz tank and seat on it. My only concern is how long I will be able to ride before running out. Do mainly trail riding. From what I've read all I need to do is get a yz4xx tank and seat, correct? Or do I need the radiator shrouds as well. I have already gotten rid of the lights and such on my wr, has yz fenders. I want to switch to be able to get farther forward on the bike, but at the same time don't want to be running out of gas on the trails either. :excuseme:

• pHreaC

Posted December 22, 2010 - 03:49 AM

It's easy to figure that one out on yourself...

Current mileage x volume new tank / volume old tank = new mileage

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted December 22, 2010 - 07:30 AM

Rider weight, terrain (hilly?) and conditions (mud, hardpack?) all add up to mileage from a tank. And if you bury that throttle like a time capsule....

• mweitz

Posted December 25, 2010 - 05:35 AM

Just get an oversized YZ Tank.

I picked up an IMS for a few bucks, I think it is listed at 3.2 gallons. I get 3 in there exactly.

My WR (jetted with an FMF) got about 30 / 35 MPG. With a standard tank (3.2) I get about 100 miles per tank.

Look at my garage for pics of it.

Here is a Clark on Ebay for a couple hundred.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

(shown in Reflex Blue)

Oversize Plastic Gas Tank Fuel Petrol Cell Reservoir

Clarke Part Number 11388

Yamaha YZ 426F 2000-2002

Capacity: 3.3 Gallons 12.5 Liters

Includes New Clarke Black Plastic Gas Cap

Uses the Original OEM Stock Fuel Tap Petcock, Radiator Shrouds Scoops, Mounts and Seat

TYPICAL COLORS: Natural, White, Black, Yellow, Reflex Blue

This tank can be molded in other colors but non-typical colors are not returnable.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.