WR450 All White Plastics

52 replies to this topic
  • mikkij

Posted December 23, 2010 - 02:34 AM

In Australia we can buy black or white plastic kits from our local Yamaha dealer which includes headlight suround.
check out the aussie Y shop

http://yshop.yamaha-...uro&ProdID=7949

• mikewrf18

Posted December 23, 2010 - 03:09 AM

In Australia we can buy black or white plastic kits from our local Yamaha dealer which includes headlight suround.
check out the aussie Y shop

http://yshop.yamaha-...uro&ProdID=7949

That's great info! That's one sharp looking kit. A bit too expensive for my tastes though. It would be interesting to see if one could buy the plastics individually.

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 23, 2010 - 10:41 AM

That's great info! That's one sharp looking kit. A bit too expensive for my tastes though. It would be interesting to see if one could buy the plastics individually.

I went to Adventure and asked my parts guy and team manageer to get me one of those Aussie white kits.... for some reason there are rules against American Yamaha dealers being able to get their hands on the european and AUS parts:bonk:

• BajaFool

Posted December 23, 2010 - 11:48 AM

You can use American sources and beat the $595 AUD price (that's right at $595 USD give or take a couple of bucks) for the white WR plastic by quite a bit. Acerbis for the white plastic kit, Acerbis for the white WR rear fender, Yamaha or Acerbis for the fork leg guards, pick your favorite graphics company and design and finally paint the stock Yamaha headlight frame appliance white. All of this has to be for a 2007-2011 WR however. You might be able to do some mix and match of available YZ and WR parts if you want to make your 2003-2006 WR all white. You owners of 2003-2007 WR's can do the research, I don't have the requirement.

• mikkij

Posted December 23, 2010 - 12:57 PM

If you have a look on the aussie ebay sight i've seen blokes selling the complete black/white plastic kits for a lot less then what yamaha are selling them.

• heller44

Posted December 24, 2010 - 04:56 PM

Pity that the '05 doesn't seem to have a white kit available anywhere at all..

• 1talbotj

Posted January 24, 2011 - 07:39 AM

i like what you did with the plastics...my dilema is i have a 2005 WR450...ive been searching to upgrade to black plastic and i will add white graphics...i cant find anything that can come close...i've tried polisport and acerbis...

i'm so dissapointed at the selection that i'm thinking of swapping the motor/suspension/drivetrain to a 2007 so i have more selections...i'm so disgusted and tired of trying to force a solution...

if anyone of you guys have any ideas/suggestions i would appreciate it...the reason i dont want to trade up is i spent a lot of money at Factory Connection on my suspension and a lot on money making the motor a screamer...i just need more plastic choices...

thanks.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 24, 2011 - 07:56 AM

I want a yellow kit...

• tribalbc

Posted January 24, 2011 - 10:57 AM

I want a yellow kit...

I don't understand why the retro yellow is not available for WR's. IMO more old guys that come from the yellow Yamaha era ride WR's than YZ's.....

• craig652

Posted January 24, 2011 - 12:12 PM

2008 when she was new. IMS tank, Doug Henry kit, Acerbis rear fender, pieced together signal kit, Lowe's generic plastic painted headlight shroud, and plated.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 24, 2011 - 12:24 PM

I don't understand why the retro yellow is not available for WR's. IMO more old guys that come from the yellow Yamaha era ride WR's than YZ's.....

Ive got a contact acerbis and he said he could place an order for a yellow plastic kit but I'd have to front the 300 min order qty before the factory would run the job...

• Derwud

Posted January 24, 2011 - 01:25 PM

2008 when she was new. IMS tank, Doug Henry kit, Acerbis rear fender, pieced together signal kit, Lowe's generic plastic painted headlight shroud, and plated.

Posted Image

I so wanted to do this with mine!!!

• tribalbc

Posted January 24, 2011 - 03:30 PM

Ive got a contact acerbis and he said he could place an order for a yellow plastic kit but I'd have to front the 300 min order qty before the factory would run the job...

You would think they would just do it if 300 is all they need to sell to make a run. You wouldn't think 300 is alot of units to sell, especially with a world wide market......
Petition time :thumbsup:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 24, 2011 - 06:38 PM

You would think they would just do it if 300 is all they need to sell to make a run. You wouldn't think 300 is alot of units to sell, especially with a world wide market......
Petition time :lol:

If we can come up with a list of people will, I'd be willing to forward it on the right guy and show them there demand is there :thumbsup:

• 2in2out

Posted January 25, 2011 - 12:10 AM

If we can come up with a list of people will, I'd be willing to forward it on the right guy and show them there demand is there :thumbsup:

I'm in:thumbsup:

• ohioryder

Posted January 25, 2011 - 04:53 AM

Put me down for a yellow kit too!

• 1talbotj

Posted January 25, 2011 - 06:37 AM

i sent acerbis a message last night...i have money and i will pay if they will make it...i would like to see them design their own fender with the ability to mix and match for any year...they can do it easy...

wouldnt it be nice to have some of the modern styling and the ability to bolt it up to a 2001-to modern day bikes? just as an example i would buy a white a black a blue and a yellow set of plastics...

look at the gas gas bikes, they take a wr motor and apply their styling because their is a need out there for better styling...

• gsa102

Posted January 25, 2011 - 08:16 AM

I would love a yellow set. I could not find even a yellow YZ kit anymore. I was looking just last week.

• 1talbotj

Posted January 25, 2011 - 09:18 AM

gsa102, there is a yellow set for you, its called the yamaha classic color, which is yellow...

• the_smoo

Posted January 25, 2011 - 04:03 PM

Took a while, but I found it. I like the yellow wr on this page

http://www.thumperta...&highlight=pics

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.