New to yamaha

8 replies to this topic
  • mxchip

Posted December 20, 2010 - 07:43 PM

Hey Guys, just switched from a 09 crf450 to a '10 yz450 and have heard about a " Jacky Vimond "map for the tuner, anyone have this?

• brentn

Posted December 20, 2010 - 08:37 PM

Nope, post it up in the tuning section at the top of the forum, new maps are always welcome!!!

• Merc1212

Posted December 21, 2010 - 09:59 AM

this is a long shot, but maybe you misunderstood Jacky Vimond for the Jay Marmont map? The Marmont map is in the sticky and is quite popular. I run it myself and really like it.

• Brady84

Posted December 21, 2010 - 11:46 AM

I've only got one day on my '10 and I was amazed how much a difference mapping makes! I tried out the Jay Marmont map and really liked it over stock. Seems a lot mellower off the bottom (a good thing) therefore I could twist the throttle the way my mind wanted to (pretend that I'm fast). I've got a few more lined up to test on Thursday, I'll report my findings in the sticky. Unlike jetting, trying out maps can be fun.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HRC

Posted December 21, 2010 - 02:08 PM

I've only got one day on my '10 and I was amazed how much a difference mapping makes! I tried out the Jay Marmont map and really liked it over stock. Seems a lot mellower off the bottom (a good thing) therefore I could twist the throttle the way my mind wanted to (pretend that I'm fast). I've got a few more lined up to test on Thursday, I'll report my findings in the sticky. Unlike jetting, trying out maps can be fun.

Is the Jay Marmont Map included in the GYTR Power commander when you buy it ?

• tech24

Posted December 21, 2010 - 02:28 PM

Is the Jay Marmont Map included in the GYTR Power commander when you buy it ?

You mean GYTR tuner or the Power Commander? I asume you mean tuner and it comes empty and you program everything yourself but the jay map is in the sticky so no big deal

• HRC

Posted December 21, 2010 - 03:15 PM

You mean GYTR tuner or the Power Commander? I asume you mean tuner and it comes empty and you program everything yourself but the jay map is in the sticky so no big deal

Yes , sorry. I mean the GYTR tuner.

• almostinvincible119

Posted December 21, 2010 - 11:54 PM

The tuner is EMPTY. You enter your own maps in there and it saves them. I have a piece of paper on the back of mine taped over the battery door with the list of which maps numbers are which ones. Works great since I get confused on whether Map 1 is my mud map or my fast track map.

• HRC

Posted December 22, 2010 - 01:24 AM

The tuner is EMPTY. You enter your own maps in there and it saves them. I have a piece of paper on the back of mine taped over the battery door with the list of which maps numbers are which ones. Works great since I get confused on whether Map 1 is my mud map or my fast track map.

I will order some GYTR stuff after the holidays.....the GYTR-tuner is on the list !

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.