San Manuel Yamaha 2011 ?

9 replies to this topic
  • HRC

Posted December 20, 2010 - 03:51 PM

Anyone heard or seen anything about the 2011 San Manuel Yamaha´s of James Stewart and Kyle Regal ?

Always interesting to see if it´s something new and special on the factory bikes when a new year comes around.

Don´t know when L&M will have their pressday ? I guess they usually show their new bikes just a couple of days before Anaheim 1.

The 2010 version sure looked nice ! :excuseme:

Posted Image

Bigger picture: http://image.dirtrid...maha_YZ450F.jpg

• brentn

Posted December 20, 2010 - 03:58 PM

Does he get a new bike very year? I thought he was still using the 10 for next season.

• HRC

Posted December 20, 2010 - 04:12 PM

Does he get a new bike very year? I thought he was still using the 10 for next season.

There will probably not be any big changes compared to 2010. The biggest changes should be in the suspension department. The Yamaha supported teams have had 1 year of experience with the new chassi so the thats probably where the most time is spent.

Considering the small amount of changes there is between the 2010/2011 stock models , James could be using a refined 2010 works bike next year. But we talking about works bikes here. Even if the stock rule is used in AMA, I bet that the 2011 frames and other special parts have been gone thru by Yamaha´s Racing division in Japan before it was sent to US Yamaha. And then again been gone thru by another group of Yamaha technicans in US before it hits San Manuel´s works shop.

• Davey762

Posted December 20, 2010 - 08:56 PM

Very nice looking bike. Dont think it will have the same pop without the red backgrounds though. I had read on vital that redbull would be involved with the new graphics . I wonder if the team will be using the new cycra power flow shrouds?

Edited by Davey762, December 20, 2010 - 09:56 PM.

• HRC

Posted December 21, 2010 - 12:56 AM

Very nice looking bike. Dont think it will have the same pop without the red backgrounds though. I had read on vital that redbull would be involved with the new graphics . I wonder if the team will be using the new cycra power flow shrouds?

Yeah , Seems Red Bull is going in with some money into the team next year. Until now Red Bull has only been Stewarts personal sponsor, with nothing to do with the team. There where some pictures of Kyle Regal in Vital Mx and he had Red Bull logos all over him.

I wonder how much money that company is laying down on sponsering motocross and supercross in 1 year. It is said that Red Bull is one of the biggest reasons why KTM is having such a massive effort these days. And considering both companys are from Austria , it's quite logical.

Sometimes it's gets really irretating seeing all these energy drink's all over the sport. But we should probably be thankful , the hard economic times makes very tuff for the manufactures to keep the high profile that was built up in the 90's and early 00's. These sponsors like Monster, Rockstar and Red Bull are the ones that keep the sport alive in tuff times.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Davey762

Posted December 21, 2010 - 11:43 AM

Yeah , Seems Red Bull is going in with some money into the team next year. Until now Red Bull has only been Stewarts personal sponsor, with nothing to do with the team. There where some pictures of Kyle Regal in Vital Mx and he had Red Bull logos all over him.

I wonder how much money that company is laying down on sponsering motocross and supercross in 1 year. It is said that Red Bull is one of the biggest reasons why KTM is having such a massive effort these days. And considering both companys are from Austria , it's quite logical.

Sometimes it's gets really irretating seeing all these energy drink's all over the sport. But we should probably be thankful , the hard economic times makes very tuff for the manufactures to keep the high profile that was built up in the 90's and early 00's. These sponsors like Monster, Rockstar and Red Bull are the ones that keep the sport alive in tuff times.

Yes exactly, I would agree. I am happy they are around.. but one has to think, what happens when they are gone? But like before some other sonsors would step in.

Red bull has a lot of money... after having an F1 team, being an associate sponsor to L&M must seem like peanuts! Even sponsoring the KTM moto brand in comparison to F1.

• KJ790

Posted December 21, 2010 - 12:04 PM

Don't forget the money Red bull has been throwing at factory Honda the last few years too...

• HRC

Posted December 21, 2010 - 02:18 PM

Don't forget the money Red bull has been throwing at factory Honda the last few years too...

Yeah I wonder which sponsor team Honda will have in 2011 when they lost Red Bull to KTM US ?

Before Red Bull it was Universal studios that pounded in the money for Honda.

So I guess someone new most be filling in the empty pocket ?

• steve_97060

Posted December 21, 2010 - 06:56 PM

In october I visited Red Bulls hangar 9 in Austria, it was pretty impressive, they throw a lot of money out there as can be seen by some of their display below..

It should be noted though, that there was a lot of aircraft, formula 1 cars, nascar display, GP race bikes, dakar bikes, but the only MX bikes were little toy models in a display case...

Posted Image

Posted Image

• HRC

Posted December 21, 2010 - 10:31 PM

Impressive indeed !!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.