petrol/fuel tank recommendations 02 wr426f

2 replies to this topic
  • pismowr

Posted December 20, 2010 - 02:28 PM

I would like to convert to a slimmer line tank like a yz tank and seat. But not sure what years fit best or would be the best up grade. Like can I put 03 and later tank,seat,shrouds on? What would you recommend.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dustdogg

Posted December 20, 2010 - 10:36 PM

Your best bet is to go with a YZ 400/426 98-02 seat and tank. They bolt right on and give you a better riding postion. IMS and Clarke are both popular if you want to stay at the stock WR capacity while being able to use the YZ seat. If you don't want the larger 3 gal plus tanks then look for a stock YZ tank. '03+ would be a lot of work and would never look right on an older model. Here is my '02 WR 426 with a Clarke 3.3 gal. tank and an SDG YZ seat.

Posted Image

• pismowr

Posted December 22, 2010 - 07:50 AM

Thanks for the info dustdogg.........nice bike

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.