Springs and Re-valve

4 replies to this topic
  • pstolnack

Posted December 20, 2010 - 01:13 PM

I have a 2009 WR450F. I am going to respring and revalve but I am in between rates (according to Race Tech chart). Should I go up or down in the sizing.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 20, 2010 - 07:16 PM

I have a 2009 WR450F. I am going to respring and revalve but I am in between rates (according to Race Tech chart). Should I go up or down in the sizing.

You can get any rate you desire. Race Tech is a great place to start your search, but you might want to look into KYB, Eibach, and a few other spring suppliers. Some of what Race Tech sells is not even MC grade, but just industrial grade.

Look in the TT store and you will find tons of options.

http://shop.thumpert...t.asp?p=606&s=2

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Leardriver

Posted December 21, 2010 - 08:03 AM

Whenever there is choice like yours, I have always liked heavier springs and softer valving.

• GCannon

Posted December 21, 2010 - 09:27 AM

The springs and valving (damping) work together so whatever decision you make affects the other. This is where professional help is important to help you figure out the whole package based on you, your bike, and the type of ridding, racing, terrain.

Talking to someone who has tested several combination's and knows what combination's work best and can help you find something that works best for you is what your paying for.

There are a million threads on here about this subject.

Just ask Krannie he's got stories for you:ride:

• JDLowrance

Posted December 22, 2010 - 10:27 PM

Depends on where and how you ride. I see you're in California so I presume you ride some desert (deep sandy whoops?). Definitely stiffer.

What do you weigh?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.