xr650r streel legal in Alabama

1 reply to this topic
  • jtc89

Posted July 16, 2003 - 03:12 PM

Anybody accompolish this? Or, any other bike that comes with a Certificate of Orgin and no title? Can't seem to get any info on how to get a title and tag. Anybody?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • J_T

Posted July 16, 2003 - 03:58 PM

I looked into it when I lived in TN and I have NOT gone through the process (because I'm was lazy) but I got the paperwork when I first bought my XR650R just in case. Maybe it's similiar to AL and will give an idea of whats maybe needed.

All I had when I bought my bike used was a carbon copy of the cashiers check and a hand written bill of sale. I told the lady at the county clerk/DMV office that I had a dirt bike that I wanted to make street legal and I didn't have a title! She seemed to think it wasn't a problem and gave me a form. I don't have it here so I don't remember what they called it and I'm going by memory so don't take it for truth but just an idea of what was needed;

Previous owner name and address,
cost paid,
VIN from Frame,
VIN from Engine,
My Address,
And I believe it also wanted a couple of refrence names of people that knew me that weren't related to me! (something weird like that)

Then I was suspossed to submit it and that would get just a title. Thats as far as I Looked into. I was going to get the title just in case I ever decided to but never bothered.

One place that has info on this is http://www.fourstrok...okes only site) but they don't have much info for our southern states but maybe another state will give you an idea.

And as another option there is Vermont where they say you can get an out of state liscense and title over mail! Here is a link http://www.fourstrokesonly.com/VT.html but don't take my word for it. I'm just passing on what I have seen. I hope it works for you. :)

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.