1995 cre250

Hi,

Very, very newby. I bought my son a KLX125 and he looked like he was having fun riding. So, I got the bike in the title from Craigslist. A little hard to start, but I'm betting that's technique and the ice cold weather here.

Question, though, what makes it a CRE? I did some research, and it didn't jump out at me. This bike is equipped with a steering damper and the guy I got it from said it was a great forest bike.

again...very, very new. Please be gentle!

Northeast is where I am. The guy did say it was a special bike, but I had no idea. Right now, I'm figuring out how to dial in the idle/needle valve. I think it's running rich. Bogs down a bit. Pulled the plug, black and wet.

anyway, thanks for the info. I'll post some pics as soon as I am not freezing my behind off outside.

Ck the choke circuit also. That model will easily unscrew as a unit and may need cleaning or an oring. Moose racing used to mofify them slightly to make it work better. I had mine done but can't really tell you what they did. I do not think it was critical. The choke knob also controls the idle, counterclockwise to raise idle and the opposite to lower.

Awesome! The CRE's seem to be quite rare and I'd love to see a picture of it when you get a chance :excuseme:

Other than cost (they were big $$$$ in the day) they seemed to steal the the show in the Dirt Rider 2T enduro shootouts and they are based off of a great chassis (steel frame CR) platform. There were a lot of special features compared to a stock CR250 of the same year. Mostly suspension and lighting mods but I think the sky was the limit depending on how you optioned them out at the time.

Awesome! The CRE's seem to be quite rare and I'd love to see a picture of it when you get a chance :excuseme:

Other than cost (they were big $$$$ in the day) they seemed to steal the the show in the Dirt Rider 2T enduro shootouts and they are based off of a great chassis (steel frame CR) platform. There were a lot of special features compared to a stock CR250 of the same year. Mostly suspension and lighting mods but I think the sky was the limit depending on how you optioned them out at the time.

Could also have the WR gearbox that is basically impossible to find today. I have tried to get info on the CRE and for some reason it is very hard to find. Contacting Kevin Hines would be the best option but he seems to have disappeared from the bike scene. The CRE kits came from Italy but I can't find any info there either.

The guy that I bought it from definitely said it had a special gearbox. Rear wheel/tire are oversized, suspension seems softer.

Right now, it's just a b*tch to start.

Kevin Hines found!

http://www.elineaccessories.com/aboutus.html

His shop is about 1.5 hours south of where I am right now. I'm going to see if I can get the VIN off the bike and send it along to him. Right now, the VIN is underneath the bracket that fixes the steering damper to the fender.

More as I get it.

The guy that I bought it from definitely said it had a special gearbox. Rear wheel/tire are oversized, suspension seems softer.

Right now, it's just a b*tch to start.

Kevin Hines found!

http://www.elineaccessories.com/aboutus.html

His shop is about 1.5 hours south of where I am right now. I'm going to see if I can get the VIN off the bike and send it along to him. Right now, the VIN is underneath the bracket that fixes the steering damper to the fender.

More as I get it.

Hard to start? Thats a tell tale sign that the bike is a goner. Sell it to me and put an end to your misery. I am only thinking of your well being!