2009 vs 2010 for a tall guy?

4 replies to this topic
  • matts06yzf

Posted December 18, 2010 - 10:27 AM

Hows the bike feel of course with all my same bars etc. Anyone coming from 08-09 to a 10 thats tall? They about the same with taller bars, tall seat etc?

• YamaLink

Posted December 18, 2010 - 11:55 AM

I'm not a tall guy but the 08 feels like a 250F for me whereas I think the new 450F feels like what a big bore mx thumper should feel like.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • alien

Posted December 18, 2010 - 12:55 PM

I'm 6'1" and I feel more comfortable on the '08.
The '10 is faster but the '06-'09 is more fun to ride IMO.

• matts06yzf

Posted December 18, 2010 - 08:15 PM

I'm 6'1" and I feel more comfortable on the '08.
The '10 is faster but the '06-'09 is more fun to ride IMO.

Hows the turning and stability vs the old bike?

• sean3239

Posted December 18, 2010 - 09:18 PM

I had an 08 and now have the 10. I would agree with the other guy, I think I had more fun on the 08 than my 10. I like the 10 but I'm still not as comfortable on it. As I said in another post, it feels wide in the knee area because it is wide there. I'm 6'1" and I think the taller you are the wider shroud area is going to bother you. The 08 IMO is more stable..the 10 feels twitchy to me coming into corners and it has more head shake than the o8 I had. It could still be settings but I have changed it quite a bit and still not got rid of these issues. Its a great bike and as others have said, they have no issues with it. I guess I still have work to do.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.