whats the difference between the ais kits

27 replies to this topic
  • pickawinner

Posted December 27, 2010 - 03:41 PM

It confused me for awhile until I saw the 250 in your signature line. Might confuse others too as it's posted in the 450 forum.

Ya, I was about to jump on doing this to my bike ('08 450f) until I saw this.

I just looked on line and nobody has AIS Removal Kit for 450f in stock. Not sure what to do now. Keep waiting until they become available or what? I could probably do my own home-built solution, if I could find good instructions with photos.

• William1

Posted December 27, 2010 - 05:36 PM

The instructions above are excellent.

• SXP

Posted December 27, 2010 - 08:30 PM

The instructions above are excellent.

No doubt for a 250, but the 450's have a slightly different interface with all that plumbing. No press/interference fits for one thing....

• pickawinner

Posted December 27, 2010 - 10:35 PM

No doubt for a 250, but the 450's have a slightly different interface with all that plumbing. No press/interference fits for one thing....

Right. I tried to compare the photos in this thread with my bike, but there are just too many differences for me to ignore. I'm sure someone who understands these bikes can translate the info from 250 to 450, but then they probably don't even need instructions to begin with.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dgcars

Posted December 28, 2010 - 01:11 AM

Yep. The '07 450 uses a different AIS.

The block off plate is the main difference....Easier to make....no pipe to remove. Here is a link to a nice alternative. Happy new year :excuseme:

http://appliedrace.c...9acdf0d8cbe2dc1

• pickawinner

Posted December 28, 2010 - 08:14 AM

The block off plate is the main difference....Easier to make....no pipe to remove. Here is a link to a nice alternative. Happy new year :excuseme:

http://appliedrace.c...9acdf0d8cbe2dc1

but...but...it's red :busted: ... now if only it would be blue :busted:

Seriously, thanks for the tip. My only reservation is that the Yamaha kit costs almost as much and includes the throttle stop screw, some jets and a bunch of other pieces. I'd love to find either that kit somewhere or one that's very similar, but I'll think about the one you mentioned.

• SXP

Posted December 28, 2010 - 03:24 PM

but...but...it's red :busted: ... now if only it would be blue :excuseme:

Seriously, thanks for the tip. My only reservation is that the Yamaha kit costs almost as much and includes the throttle stop screw, some jets and a bunch of other pieces. I'd love to find either that kit somewhere or one that's very similar, but I'll think about the one you mentioned.

My advice would be to buy the Applied kit and a JD Jetting kit. A bit of an upfront investment ($$), but you should nail the jetting the first time (use the jetting Sticky).

• mikewrf18

Posted December 28, 2010 - 11:36 PM

Anyone know what's up with F2Racing? I bought they're Power Pack Kit from them a few years back, and can't seem to get ahold of them now. That kit was great for my bike, with easy instructions, and plenty of technical support. Sorry, I have no experience with the two kits mentioned in this thread, but I'm sure they all give the same basic result. Thanks for the write-up w/pics on the D.I.Y. option.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.