Throttle stop ?

3 replies to this topic
  • gpracer270

Posted July 16, 2003 - 07:40 AM

Why not just take it out and leave it out?

• MN_Kevin

Posted July 16, 2003 - 07:48 AM

there have been rumors as to removing the throttle stop completely:

One is that the throttle position sensor gets messed up and then so does your ignition timing.

The other is that removing the throttle stop has led to cracked slide valves: The valve takes the brunt of impact (when opening I suppose... :) ) instead of the throttle linkage.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ogrebelle

Posted July 16, 2003 - 08:36 AM

I'll attest to some funk when going WOT without the stop installed. I'm a curious guy so before I installed my newly cut throttle stop I ran it without for a ride and had some obvious WOT issues. I put the cut stop in and they were all gone and it ran great.

• MOmilkman

Posted July 16, 2003 - 11:06 AM

I'll attest to that also.

I had mine removed. When I put it back in (chopped to the specified length) it pulled much better.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.