Freinds 06' 450: Frame Damage and Concerns

23 replies to this topic
  • Aka.Goose

Posted December 19, 2010 - 01:24 PM

ok, my buddy is 6'3" and around 230lbs...He is now concerned about the frame not being strong enough..

He thinks it may begin to flex and possibly form hairline cracks from heavy track riding.

He is a fairly fast rider and is worried the forces of doubles and triples will have a negative affect on the frame lasting. He intended to keep the bike for several years and is worried about it lasting and staying in good shape for that long..

Tell him to stop being a such wus and go ride the shit outa that thing...It appears more mechanically sound than most of the bikes my friends ride...Anything his spine can handle, that frame can handle...:excuseme:

• Yzf_Buz

Posted December 20, 2010 - 12:28 PM

If he is in remorse tell him to sell it and buy an '05 with the steel frame or to just stand up and that you are done listening to this. I don't see this as a viable problem as he should be standing when doing jumps any way and this frame wear is not an issue with that. I have an '06 that there is no way I can break it even with a big triple crash on the thing and it is still quicker than the newer bikes with plenty of hole shots under it's tires.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted December 20, 2010 - 06:40 PM

Or tell him that you will buy it from him for $100 and tell him that it isn't worth any more than that with a damaged frame :excuseme:

• bhsballer76

Posted December 20, 2010 - 08:24 PM

Or tell him that you will buy it from him for $100 and tell him that it isn't worth any more than that with a damaged frame :excuseme:

haha, that might actually get the point across.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.