Newbe goes to the track for the first time

No replies to this topic
  • ldan

Posted March 17, 2001 - 04:34 PM

Just wanted to again thank everyone for the advice on making the transition from 2-smoke to Thumpin.

This machine is unbelievable! To say I enjoyed it would be an understatement. It took about two laps and my laps times were right up to speed. I still need to get used to the compression braking in on flat turns, but the bike just seemed to do all the work. It seems to me that you have to apply alot more effort to get the speed out of a 2-stroke. The 426 was right at home and right where it wanted to be. Another obvious difference was controlling the position of the bike in the air. I was clearing 45 and 60' table tops and the bike never got even close to being looped or endoed.

I read some other responses where guys were concerned about the way the bike would handle during jumps and whoops, all I can say is you can do anything you did on a 2-stroke and do it better on this bike. One guy actually said he sold his 426 and went back? He couldn't have been riding the type of motorcross tracks we have in Texas and not be anything less than impressed with the 426.

Great page guys and great folks here. Keep up the good work.

P.S. no problems with spark plugs at all (01 426F)

Little Dan

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.