Radiation water Circulation direction??

2 replies to this topic
  • antiloop98

Posted December 12, 2010 - 05:52 AM

Does anyone know which direction the water flows thru the engine and radiators? I need to cover the radiator thats is the coolest,
(driving in -10 Celcius snow conditions)
bike: yamaha yzf 450, 2009.

kennet from sweden

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Geoffit

Posted December 12, 2010 - 07:58 AM

the outlet from the engine (the hottest point) is on the front of the head and that hose flows to the left radiator top. The inlet to the engine is from both radiators at the bottom. I think the best way to keep the temp up would be to cover the top 1/3 or maybe even 1/2 of both radiators. A cleaner way would be to make some restrictors and fit them in the hoses. trying to find the best solution without a temp gauge is a problem.

• lumpy790

Posted December 12, 2010 - 08:11 AM

When we rode (2 strokes) in really cold freezing conditions we duct taped over both luvers. I would start there and ride it a little and see if it gets really hot. If it does remove 1 row of the duct tape until you find the.....just right temp.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

• Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.