[b]de octopussing[/b]

4 replies to this topic
  • the426master

Posted July 15, 2003 - 08:46 AM

does it help alot more to de octopus it rather that shortenning the durration of the injector pump. :)

• MOmilkman

Posted July 15, 2003 - 09:57 AM

No. You will not notice a preformance gain from de-octopussing. Someone correct me if Im wrong but I think it does aid in easier starting. (mine did)

Anyways, I thought it only applied to 98-99 WR models.. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wicked_Crash

Posted July 15, 2003 - 10:27 AM

I also believe that deoctopussing only applies to 1999 and older models. On the WR 426, the ACV mod is similar and very simple to perform. As far as performance gains...I didn't notice any. The mod simply reduces backfiring on deceleration. Also, these mods only apply to the WRs not the YZs.

• Bill

Posted July 15, 2003 - 01:54 PM

If aplicable, de-octing your carb will reduce the chances of a vacum leak and clean up the "look" of your bike. Shortening the AP squirt duration will make the bike crisper/cleaner coming off of idle. Regulating the AP squirt may also require re-jetting.

• The_Missile

Posted July 16, 2003 - 01:36 AM

Not to mention that when fiddling with your jetting you will get more constant results than with this ACV bypass/aka Octopuss screwing things up for you. Remove it and be happy. The only reason its on there is to satisfy US EPA regulations..........as a result we got it on the Euro bikes too!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.