2001 yz426 Suspension Settings

1 reply to this topic
  • Scooter426

Posted March 16, 2001 - 08:25 PM

Hi all, I just purchased a 2000 426 from a guy who bought a new 2001 426. He gave me the new suspension (2001). Great deal for me, but the manual I have is for a 2000. Any help on base settings for the 2001 forks,shock would be appreciated. I set them up accord to the 2000 manual, and it was way too harsh on the front end. The rear seemed ok. I am new to thumpers (had a yz250), but my first ride was quite a thrill. The damn motor just seems to never stop building power! I keep revving higher and higher and it still has never hit the rev limiter. The neighborhood will never be the same....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • forloop

Posted March 18, 2001 - 09:48 AM

The springs for a 2000 and 2001 are the same. So you should be able to start with the settings in your manual and go from there.

Remember to check the oil height in your forks as well. This affects the last 1/3 of the stroke. Most poeple run about 100mm from the top. Stock is 130mm

------------------
Rick
01 YZ426F #85 Vet C

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.